Following an update to the latest firmware/software version 68.59.1 on the 23rd April 2021 we have the Remote Services Error (016-426), the machine also cannot connect to check for further firmware update it simply says cannot connect.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I searched our online knowledge base for this code, it say to make sure you have the latest firmware which you do, to fix the issue. If the problem persists then to contact the support department. I would consider doing this, please call 1-800-821-2797.
Thank you for your response, I am in the UK.
I have tried to call the UK support line and after being on hold for over 1 hr I hung up.
I then tried the online chat which got me through to someone in the USA who then tried to transfer me me to someone in the uK, the chat window was waiting for that transfer for over an hour and no one answered so I closed it.
I then tried the chat again through the UK site directly, I was number 4 in the queue for over an hour and the same I closed the window.
It’s very first rating that new software has been released that clearly has a bug in it and we cannot get hold of support staff, very poor service.
Is there anything you can do to assist further?
if you haven't got this fixed yet, then you could do worse than try installing the fix for the Expired Certificate found at https://www.support.xerox.com/en-us/product/versalink-c405/content/148470 .
I've just purchased a c405 and, out of the box, had big issues getting it to install the latest firmware, and it wouldn't access Remote Services either, giving the 426 error. After a frustrating couple of hours, I eventually resorted to downloading the firmware from the Xerox Support page and updating it manually via the printer's web interface. Then after a restart, the printer accessed the internet and found a "new" firmware (the latest) and self installed that. Great - it's fixed I thought...
However, after installing it's "new" firmware, it once again refused to access the 'net for firmware or for accessing Remote Services. After trying various things which didn't work, I gave in and followed the instructions to update the "expired cerificate" using Xerox's tool and it worked - the printer's now happy to check for new firmware and to access Remote Services again, and it doens't give any error when checking via the web console.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to this thread, what you describe is exactly what happened to me, when the new printer was purchased, it would not connect to remote services or connect to check for new firmware updates. I manually downloaded and installed the most recent software version from the Xerox website and all was then fine.
On the 23rd April the printer advised that there was a firmware update available, the new version 68.59.1 which I installed, after reboot the remote services and check for new firmware updates all failed with the Remote Services Error (016-426).
I checked on the Xerox website fully expecting that they would have already learned of the error in firmware version 68.59.1 that they had just released and expected a fixed and new version to be there to resolve the problem, unfortunately they are still saying today that the most recent version of software for the printer is version 68.51.1 despite them pushing out version 68.59.1 back on the 23rd of April.
This is terrible service from Xerox, they are pushing our firmware version with this error included again, not learning from previous versions having the same error which is simply not acceptable in this day and age. Their support well, it is absolutely terrible, when you try contact them, they think you have half a day available to wait for them to answer your call despite them assuring you on the phone that you call is important to them – yes of course it is…
Overall, I am very disappointed with Xerox, they have a lot to learn to get to the standards that they need to deliver in this day and age, they simply do not deserve the business.
Anyway, that’s my rant over for now, thank you Nick for taking the time to feedback to me, your response was clear and worked a treat.