cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jspiess New Member

WC 7530 HDD, Startup...question?

Just purchased workcentre 7530 government surplus.  HDD has been removed.  When starting it seems to be stuck in a loop.  No error messages, no way to print test copy.

Question:  Is this due to no disk drive?  ...or should It work without disk drive other than scanning?  I formatted standard WD SATA drive Fat32 and put in hopping to get some type of error code...it just does the same thing stuck on startup. 

Question 2:  If admin password has been set, will new HDD reset or will this become an issue after drive replacement?

Q3:  Any way to test it prior to purchasing new HDD?

Thanks,

jspiess

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: WC 7530 HDD, Startup...question?

yes, you need an hard disk, for the boot of the machine

its not enough by placing a new harddisk, it needs to contain the parttions and the correct software

i think if you install a new harddisk, you need to install the software also by the ALTBOOT procedure, not sure if it works, but i think so

0 Kudos
jspiess New Member

thank you, I will not worry about the startup failure until HDD is replaced with one with software.

If anyone can explain what the ALTBOOT procedure is, no luck searching yet.

SOLVED:  Found ALTBOOT procedure in documentation for WC 7545 it's not in the 7530 upgrade instructions.  Prepared thumb drive per 7545/7566 Upgrade Procedure instructions and all good!

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

0 Kudos