cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

WorkCentre 6015 scan to email issue with SSL/TTL

Hi, I just bought a WC6015 and tried to configure it to send scan to email. My email account is on hotmail and, for what I understood, WC6015 doesn't support SSL or TTL on ports 587 and 465.

Will WC6015 support them in the next future?

Thanks, Nicola.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: WorkCentre 6015 scan to email issue with SSL/TTL

Heya!

I cannot find anything about this, which leads to me being skeptical.

Support for this may not get implemented.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Agency Analyst
Agency Analyst

Nicola,

I am going to agree with Kimzi on this. We do not get information on product enhancements like this so I would recommend contact your sales represetative to see if they can find the information out if Xerox will even implament this feature. Accornding to my documentation - they will not.

Thank you,
Jordan

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!

Thank you,
Jordan R.
Systems Analyst / Consultant
Fiery Certified Professional

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I also just bought this MFP as it was recommended to me from my work place; I guess I will be sending this back. It’s a shame that Xerox made such a nice device but failed to include SSL/TTL to it.

Well, keep us all posted if you find a work around this problem...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey guys,

So after a lot of failed attempts, i have success (Scan to email using free Gmail account).... gmail can be configured to send emails without using SSL. i did just that and tested it out. only one catch - there is a limit to the send file size and i dont know the limit at this point.

This means i get to keep my Xerox WC 6015 and dont have to return. :-)

Hope this helps...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Agency Analyst
Agency Analyst

Khurram,

I never heard of GMail switching their SMTP protocol and that is huge! I'm going to run some tests at my office tomorrow on your find. Are you still using the SMTP server smtp.google.com?

Thank you,
Jordan

Thank you,
Jordan R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Guys, thanks to all of you for your replies.
After a lots of attempts, at the end I renounced to use this functionality.
I configured the "simple" scan to email function - without SSL - using the classic port 25, that I discovered my ISP doesn't block.
This means that using the email address provided by my ISP, instead of the hotmail one, I can send the email.
This is not the best solution to me - I didn't want to use my ISP mail address - but it works!!!

Regards, Nicola.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Jordan,

No gmail is still using their SMTP but may be the link below with help.

Also see my other post where I have mentioned the steps

Thank you

Ref. Link: http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176600

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Agency Analyst
Agency Analyst

Nicola,

That is a good use from your ISP. Another option is a free account called GMX.

Thank you,
Jordan

Thank you,
Jordan R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the BKM. Let me document my solution using a gmail account. Hope this help.

NOTE: For limitations of gmail SSL server, only e-mails to gmail accounts can be sent.

STEP-BY-STEP

1. Create gmail e-mail account.

2. Gmail does have POP server enable as default, please, enable the server as detail in the following link: http://email.about.com/od/gmailtips/ss/wt010605.htm

3. Access "Xerox Webpage" in your Browser using IP address of device.

4. On "Xerox Webpage": Properties --> E-mail services

5. Use the following configuration: (Please check attached picture, fills are in spanish :-))

(First 3 fill boxes)

e-mail: example@gmail.com

SMTP server: aspmx.l.google.com

SMTP server port: 25

(4-7 fill boxes)

Send authentication: None

SMTP session name: example@gmail.com

SMTP password: gmail password

SMTP password retype: gmail password

(8-12 fill boxes) POP3 server

POP3 server address: pop.gmail.com

POP3 server number:995

Session name: example@gmail.com

Password: gmail password

Password retype: gmail password

scan-to-email.png

By the way, can someone from Xerox Support add a recomented examples, in manual that will say a lot of time and work arounds.

Regards,

-Luis C.