cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

WorkCentre 7545: Scan to Home without login

Hi,

would it be possible to set it up where any user could push a button, select name from a list (pulled via LDAP) and scan to that user's home folder?

I.e. to have a generic user set up in AD with the rights to a sub-folder in home folder of each user?

\\server\user1home\copier

\\server\user2home\copier

etc

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Technical Escalation User

Re: WorkCentre 7545: Scan to Home without login

Hi ABCStore, 

I am not aware of making this work as you require below.

1. Scan to Home has the main feature of scaning to a user home directory, setup on the AD. In order to read this information AD required an authenticated user to read it via LDAP (as mentioned). Even if you set up a default user to read LDAP and this user would have permisssion to read the user (requireing the scanner) AD details, it would also have to have permission to read and write on the user directory.
  2. Scan to Home without login in some way, neutralizes the purpose for scan to home feature to be used.
  3. The optimum way I see this feature working is when a user authenticates with credentials and then uses scan to home as personalized feature to scan.

Nevertheless, set aside all that theory, you can normally use network scanning to scan to PC, when you would browse your network, selecting a domain, a computer within that domain (could be the file server) and a folder.

Also, and the one I advise, is to use network scanning and setup the templates. You can configure 5 repository destinations (i.e. files servers) and around 250 template (i.e each template could match the user name and point to the user folder.

Please select Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.
Highlighted

1. "copier" user is already set up and has write permissions to the \\server\userhome\copier folder. 2. Call it "scan to somebody else's home folder". If you can e-mail to anybody off the LDAP search page why couldn't you scan the similar way? 3. Try to enter A!@H^%D#%GfSd as your password every time you want to scan a page... Thanks for the answer, though
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi ABCStore,

1. In this case, if Copier 1 authenticates, Selecte Network Scanning > Scan to home, he should see his home location and be able to scan.
  2. Scanning using Home repository > Scan to Home > "requires Authentication and Authorization to be enabled and configured". This is the offering at the moment. But you can request a feature enhancement if you ring the support line and explain you view.
  3. I understand the password complexity. Therefore you can attempt using Network Scanning functionality. Which allows you to scan without authentication and without having to insert the password multiple times.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

hi,

with the latest SPAR firmware you can have an service account setup for scantohome

contact xerox to obtain the last SPAR firmware

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Fabio,

I was trying to replica it on the lastest firmware. I am able to configure the device to enable scan to home and configure with a system authenticated user. Nevertheless there is nothing more I can do unless I turn on authentication.

Without authentication how do you got it to work?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

you cant :(

0 Kudos