Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Workcentre 6515DNI and ICA Driver 5.3.0.2118

Jump to solution
Product Name: Workcentre 6515DNI
Operating System: macOS 10.14 - Mojave

Mojave 10.1.4.6 All the security updates applied.

I've been scanning from my Mac without problems from my networked 6515 DNI with ICA Driver version 4.22. Today, I've updated the firmware to 65.50.61 and the ICA Driver to version 5.3.0_2118 (for HighSierra, Mojave and Catalina. Since then, Image Capture cannot acces the device. The 6515 appears as a dark gray icon in the left bar.

I've returned to a TimeMachine Snapshot previous to when I installed the ICA Driver 5.3.0, and everything works well again with version 4.22, so it's not the firmware but the updated scanning driver.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Workcentre 6515DNI and ICA Driver 5.3.0.2118

Jump to solution

Hello dlosada,

This sounds like you will need to do some troubleshooting with our Support Department. The support options for your device are listed here.

Thanks,
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Very interesting .... can you share the XeroxICADriver_4.22.2. I searched the hole web and could not find any driver archive for Xerox. My 6515DNI refuses to scan over Ethernet under Catalina.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I didi it. Through the support phone number in Spain. They told me that they are aware of some issues with the latest drivers.

And there's another post just after yours from someone that cannot scan to his 6515 from Catalina (10.15) with the current ICA driver and asks for the old 4.22 that works well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rrd80cck8ci4dmd/XeroxICADriver_4.22.2_2045.dmg

But once installed the ICA driver 5.3.0.2118, I wasn't able to reinstall 4.22 over it. I had to return, via a TimeMachine snapshot, to a system state prior to installation of 5.3.0.

I suppose that the 4.22 installer detects a newer version, but I didn't get any error message. Knowing that i could go back to how the Mac was one hour earlier, i decided not to struggle too much.

But in the future I will be very careful with Xerox updates.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you. Indeed ...  I could not install it. Now i am trying to remove all newer driver fragments

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

The macOS® Catalina drivers continue to be released.  The Catalina driver for the WorkCentre 3215 / 3225 and Phaser 3260 is now available.  If you do not see it listed please select a different language in the language field on the drivers and downloads page and then change back to the language you need and you should see the driver.  This is a cache issue that we are aware of and working but in the meantime, the changing language tip will work. We thank you for your patience and apologize for the delay in releasing the drivers. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

The new 5.5.2 combined scanning/printing drivers works well. Image Capture can scan thorugh the network to the 6515DNI under Mojave 10.14.6.

0 Kudos