cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xerox 5955 and 5855 Workflowscanning

HI all, recently i have a problem with printers 5855 and 5955 both of them new. I have filled the config of printer as show:

5955 have 072.091.054.31606

5855 have 071.190.103.05402

5955.png

Same configuration in xerox 5855.

Here the directory settings

1.png

The result in a remote directory lock failed message and cannot scan to directory.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Xerox 5955 and 5855 Workflowscanning

Multiple things. Both Firmwares are terribly out of date.

Both are Connectkey, so unless they are set to DHCP, and registered on a Domain, so if this is showing red in your DNS settings you will be required to scan by IP address and not hostname.

1.GIF

Your screenshot shows a subfolder of escaneos that the folder properties does not show, so username may or may not have access to the escaneos folder.

Upgrade the firmware on the 5855 by using this tool , if that resolves the matter (Not related to anything mentioned above) then go on and update the 5955 with this tool. (No settings should be lost with either)

I can't test or verify that there is not a special characters issue as I can only test with an American keyboard.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos