cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jesseiscanadian New Member

Xerox 6015 and rings to answer on fax

Jump to solution

Hello everyone

One of my customers recently purchased a Xerox 6015 MFP, and she is using it as a fax machine in her SOHO. One big annoyance is the incoming faxing, we cannot seem to find where to set the rings to answer (or beter yet the smartring setup). So since she has shared lone at home it has essentially redered her answering machine useless as it always picks up as a fax after three rings.

I have check the user guide top to bottom and i cannot seem to find where to configure this. Does anyone know exactly the menu location of these options?

Your help is much appriciated!

Cheers!

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Agency Analyst JordanAXAUQE-AA
Agency Analyst

Re: Xerox 6015 and rings to answer on fax

Jump to solution

What you want to look at is a product called the STICK. It will determine if the incoming call is a fax or a regular call. We have installed this in many locations and it works well!

http://the-stick.net/

Thank you,
Jordan R.
Systems Analyst / Consultant
Fiery Certified Professional

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!
jesseiscanadian New Member

Jump to solution

Thank you jroth

I will suggest it to the customer.

Shame on you Xerox, a rings to answer feature is one of the most BASIC settings on any fax machine, i can buy a $40 POS from zellers that has this simple feature...

Another reason to add to the list of "Don't sell Xerox products"...:manfrustrated:

0 Kudos
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi Jesseiscanadian,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Actually the features you are looking for do exist on the WC6015.  Please take a look at this How to SetUp Fax solution from the support page for the machine.  This should help you with all the settings you are looking for.  Please be aware that on this machine it is not rings to answer but Auto Ans. TEL/FAX and the value is in seconds not number of rings.  You will also find the Distinctive RIng settings as well. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

dchis New Member

Re: Xerox 6015 and rings to answer on fax - DRP patterns

Jump to solution

Xerox WorkCentre 6015 Distinctive Ring Patterns.jpg

djskinner New Member

Jump to solution

That's the answer. I read the manual top to bottom too, as well as searched the Xerox support pages, and could not find it. This information needs to be in the user manual. Thanks so much for the chart!  Where did you find it?

0 Kudos
dchis New Member

Jump to solution

I contacted Xerox and got them to escalate it to their 3rd level engineers who provided me with the detailed spefication.  I then converted it to the chart you see here.  I also work for Xerox, in another division, which probably helped in being able to get what I needed.  I believe they plan to put this in future manuals.

0 Kudos
adel samy New Member

xerox 5755 kit number

Jump to solution

i want option kit number for xerox5755 to add workflow scanning please

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-xrx
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: xerox 5755 kit number

Jump to solution

5755 has 3 models

5755C was just a copier. So no kit exists

5755 copier /printer 497K05760 = MONO SCANNING KIT 

5755A came standard with Color scanning. So no kit exists

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos
adel samy New Member

Re: xerox 5755 kit number

Jump to solution

how can i write lettre  k from the keyboard of the machine 5755 copier and printer to  add kit number

0 Kudos