no need to crate admin user for your scn foldar in the server only you have to crate normal user in your AD or local user in your server .
but you must give this user full control in the sharefolder permissions and in the foldar security permissions aswel
also if you whant to scan to sub folder in your shere folder you must give this user full control in the foldar security permissions .
that will work with you if you useing F.W startig from 072 .
Does my post you replied to not apply to your location?
We have an issue with workflow scanning – Model WC7835. The error is Unknown Errors. We connected our laptop and the MFP was storing the scanned image, the same was with the error mentioned above in the customers PCs / Laptops. We connected our laptop in the customer’s network. We feel that the issue is with some settings or port settings in the customers premises. This customer was using a canon machine and they didn’t have any problem with the SMB scanning. The firewall is off. The OS in both our laptop and the customer's pc's / laptops are WIN7. Kindly advise.
Thanks in advance
If the firmware is the ends with 04401 it cannot scan with any settings via smb to server 2008 or Win7. It would need to be upgraded to be able to do so. Just grab the appropriate update off xerox.com and it will just work assuming the settings are correct.
Also note, Connectkey does not have Microsoft Networking so you need to smb scan via IP address, not Host name unless you are on, and the device is part of a domain. Also, the SMB port should be 445 and not 139.
If when you go into the device and setup a repository, the default port is 139 when you choose SMB in the dropdown, your firmware needs to be updated.
Some things to look out for when scanning to SMB.
- Make sure SMBv1 is enabled (2012 it is disabled by default)
- Make sure "Live Essentials" is not installed (Blocks scanning for some reason)
- Disable any firewalls while testing
- If you have an antivirus with file sharing protection or malware protection, disable it while testing.
- Make sure the username you are connecting with specifically has full control of the folder (not just the group it is in)
- Try ports 139 or 445. I've found at times 139 is still the required one in 2012 depending on how the server is setup.
- IP address is generally the best way to do testing, once you get it working you can test with hostname.
- if you have getting remote directory locked, disable the lock files (http://ipaddressOfPrinter/diagnostics go to scanning lockfiles and disable it)
- Make sure the folder is empty while initially testing
- Try recreating the folder
- Make sure the the Case of the share name, this is important as you are crossing operating systems.
- Make sure in the IP settings on the printer you have the Domain and DNS settings correctly.
- if you are still getting login failures try with and without added the domain to the front of the username (domain\username)
- If you are still having issues, FTP is the way to go.
Hello Cheryl O,
I appreciate the answers and solutions provided by you and your team, but, It doesn't look like you understood the question or problem on this one. The issue is not with printing, per your resolution on the link provided.
I am having the same problem with Workcentre 7845, Colorcube 9302 and Workcentre 5855 after i upgraded from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2012. Using Workflow Scan, a document is scanned to the network share using SMB, the copier ends up deleting the job.
I checked other solutions provided by you on the support forum and changing the Default Repository Server to and from IP does not resolve, turning off the firewall on the server hosting the share and disabling SMB version 2 do not resolve either.
Any assistance with this is appreciated before I go back to my users and give them the "bad" news.
Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at the solution for the message you are seeing. If this does not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.
Upgraded server to windows 2008. Now we can't get workflow scanning to work. I found this post, but I don't want to create an admin user on the file server just for scanning: http://forum.support.xerox.com/t5/Copying-Faxing-Scanning/Error-016-782-SMB-Share-Windows-Server-200....
Are there any updates to this?
Solved! Go to Solution.