Thanks for getting back with us. You are in fact using the latest firmware, which we would expect on a new install. Please consider contacting your sales person about the issues you are seeing or contacting your support centre they would be the best contacts for you.
We are using the latest drivers from march 2012. Since we only received this machine this month, I would expect it to have the latest firmware. I do not want to use the global drivers because they lack functionality such as finishing options. The firmware we have is the following:
Controller + PS ROM : 1.201.1
IOT ROM: 83.25.0
Finisher D ROM: 5.15.0
IIT ROM: 9.8.0
ADF ROM: 13.10.0
Thank you for using the Support Forum. Are you using the latest driver dated March 2012? If so please make sure that you have also upgraded your machine with the latest firmware release also dated March 2012. If the problem continues please consider using the Global driver to see if that clears up your issue. If the results are still not satisfactory please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.
We have recently leased a new D95 copier printer and have started using the D95 built in controller driver. To me it seems that this driver is broken and is not ready yet. We have noticed the following.
1) When printing 11x17 drawings, we usually select our paper size however the driver will only detect 8.5x11 size. So if we chose our paper size and dont force the original document size to 11x17, our print will come out on 11x17 paper but the image will still be 8.5x11. This occurs with both TIF and PDF files. Our PDF files are fully 11x17 in size therefore I don't see why the original document size is being detected smaller. It seems to me that the original document size option is redundant and serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever.
2) Ok so our workaround, lets just set the defaults on our printer to chose 11x17 on both the output and original document size. This will work fine now. Here's the new problem. Lets say we want to chose 8.5x11 instead, well because our defaults for "Original document size" is set to 11x17, we must once again manually force it back down to 8.5x11. This is no good.
3) Ok lets try another workaround, lets use profile settings, and save one profile for 11x17 and one for 8.5x11. When we select our profile for 11x17 and our default was set to 8.5x11, we see no change in the paper size. Similarly if we had our defaults set to 11x17 and chose profile 8.5x11, paper size does not change. The only thing I see the profiles change are the finishing options (double sided, hole punch, stapling, paper type) but not the size!
4) Last resort, lets create two seperate printers with each one having their own defaults. One has defaults set to 8.5x11 and the other printer has defaults 11x17. In windows we chose one printer to be default and lets just say we chose the printer that has its defaults set to 8.5x11. Now we open up our PDF or TIF and chose the printer that has defaults 11x17. Then we go to printer options and.....OOPS! 8.5x11!!!! Ok lets do the opposite, lets set the default printer to be the one with 11x17. Do the same thing , chose the printer that has 8.5x11 and OOPS!! 11x17!!! This is really aggravating. The printers seem to not care what their default settings are so long as you chose which printer you want as default in windows.
5) This is a side issue but an issue nonetheless. If we wanted to do double hole punch at the top of a page (8.5x11), there seems to be no option to chose which orientation you want your hole punch to be in. If we use the Xerox D95 freeflow driver, we do have the option to chose the orientation however we cannot select the bypass tray. So what gives?
We had two xerox technicians here and they were both stumped by this. In the end one of them suggested we use the Xerox 4112 PS driver due to its similarity with the D95. This driver works fabulously. All points i brought up from 1 to 5 were resolved with this driver.
I would like to know when or if Xerox will fix this driver. I am really surprised how this driver has even passed quality control and that these enormous bugs were never detected intially. For a production machine such as the D95, I really expected more from xerox. I am truely dissapointed by this.