We have a workcentre m24 that has been working fine up until a week or so ago when the scan/email menu would intermittently disappear. Previously a few reboots would get it back. Now it will not come back. Copy and print functions work fine. I have linked below a screenshot of the backend, a copy of the fault printout, and the screen on the printer to show the lack of the email/scan function.
I have done many searches for this issue and have not come up with anything. It also seems like that some menus on the backend has disappeared (email protocol for one).
I would appreciate if anyone could provide any advise on a possibly solution. Thank you very much.
Assuming that your scan to email settings are correct, I would follow the normal procedure to setup a scan to email foirst installation as on the M24 the scan to email button appears only if email settings are done correctly.
To enable the "Scan to Email" option on the M24 you must do the following:
1. Access the machine's web page via a web browser application, ex. Internet Explorer
2. Click the "Properties"button
3. Click the "Machine Details" button
4. In the "Machine Email Address" field enter an email address for the machine
5. In the "Administrator E-mail Address" field, enter an administrator email address
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Apply New Settings"
7. You may be asked for a user name and password. Note: User name is "admin", password is "admin"
8. Click the "Port Status" button
9. Enable both the "Send E-mail" port and the "Receive E-Mail" port, Apply New Settings
10. Reboot the M24 and then go back to the web page.
11. In the Properties Page expand the Plus sign next to "Protocol Settings"
12. Select the "Email" protocol
13. Enter a valid "SMTP server address" and any other "Email" settings provided by the customer
14. Select "Apply New settings
If this does not work, or as you described it the "Email" protocol is still not available in the "Protocol Settings", I would recommand a maintenance onsite. It could be a NVM corruption or a defective ESS hard drive.
best of luck
Our scan to email settings were correct because we were able to scan and email just fine before this issue. There is an admin and machine email address filled into the field. I have tried taking it out, restarting, and putting it back and still no email protocol comes up. There is also no option under port status to send or receive email. Is a NVM reset something that I could do myself? I was doing research here:
And it looks like I need "NVM factory adjustment sheets" which I do not have.
Am I out of options or do I need to get support onsite?
I don't advise you to play around with NVM values, you could actually damage more things trying to fix your problem :)
I would agree with Remi, don't mess around with those settings because you could very well do much more damage then what someone would think!
Xerox Agency Analyst
If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!
Please can anyone help us.
The scan-email option has disappeared after NVM reset.
After the reset, we re-adjusted all NVM value as per the attached document found on the hidden compartment (Tray-1). But the
Only set of the NVM 840-014 to 1 was unsuccessfully. (Error message appear: incorrect value)
When doing a search on the workcenterM24 Service Manual, we found this note on page 1190 (Scan to E-mail enable (WC 24 only) NOTE: In order to set value to 1, enter)
No think appear after enter.
Please. What we should enter to set this NVM to 1