I'm trying to send some faxes (same page to several numbers) from my PC with Windows 7 (x64) through the Xerox Phaser MFP 3300 and its utility: Pc-Fax.
I set up the software and I want to pick up the fax number from the contacts I have in Windows. Once I open the file I want to send and try to send it, I cannot find any fax number in the application address book.
I tried to use Outlook 2010 address book but I get the same result.
So if I want to send the same page I have to insert all the numbers by hand and you understand it is not that practical, especially if you have to send a fax to all your coworkers (210 persons).
I tried to reinstall software and firmware but with no success. Any suggestion?
Thank you in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
If you have not already resolved this issue, we suggest you search our online knowledgebase for this product: Phaser 3300MFP.
Alternatively, you can visit our Contact Us page for other support options.
Unfortunately it seems that the PC-Fax does not support neither Windows 7 address book nor the Outlook one and the same happens with Windows 8.
There is not even a software replacement for this and I'm wondering how I can sort this out.
Is there any chance you can update the software in order to fix this?
Ok, here is how I sorted anything out since apparently the software available for Windows 7 has some kind of bug somewhere:
1. Download the Xerox WorkCentre 3550 PcFax software from here: http://www.office.xerox.com/multifunction-printer/multifunction-over-30ppm/workcentre-3550/enus.html... (browse here and there and you should be able to find it)
2. Install it trying to locate your MFP 3300 by IP - this will give you some errors (s.a. printer is not compatible... printer unavailable... printer's gone fishing... blah blah blah) just ignore them and install the program.
3. Open the document you want to send by fax and do anything as usual (File, print...) and select Xerox MFP PC Fax. Hit OK.
4. A window pops up and at the very top of it you should find "Model:" and "Ip address or name:" anything here should be blank click on "Change" botton on the right.
5. Another window pops up (I didn't tell you it was easy but it won't take long, promised) select "Network" and manually enter the printer IP Address. Hit OK. Needless to say that now you should see Model: Xerox 3300 MFP and its IP address.
6. Now select all the fax numbers you wish from either the Windows Contacts or Outlook (Yahooo! You do not have to set up that crappy "Pc Fax Settings" stuff any longer) click in the arrow in the middle and once you've selected anybody click on "Send".
Xerox, please, correct the bug or issue some kind of software that works with Windows 7 and 8 or at least do a step-by-step troubleshooting tutorial out of this post.
So, mission accomplished and the problem is sorted out somehow.