cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
robking New Member

Xerox WorkCentre 3335 - Scan to Email

Jump to solution

I am having problems with the scan to email feature. 

This has been working for over a year with no issues and suddenly a couple of weeks ago we got a message "The job could not be sent, a connection to the server could not be established."

This is an office365 account. 

I am also seeing this error in the alerts section. 

15-320 A connection problem was detected with the SMTP server during a scan-to-Email operation. Contact the System Administrator to check the SMTP server. Scan-to-Email is disabled, printing and all other machine services(if installed) are unaffected

I am able to browse to the maching browser, so i know it is on the network. I have tried a different email account which still did not fix the issue. 

It does say that something is required but i am unsure what?

Can someone please help. 

scanner.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Xerox WorkCentre 3335 - Scan to Email

Jump to solution

My guess is that the firmware/device does not support SHA-2, which Office365 requires.

But as you are using a relay I can't speak with certainty.

I know to use SMTP.office365.com on port 587 with STARTTLS, there are hardly any Xerox devices that can scan with a firmware released pre 2017.

The latest version available for the WC3335 is newer than that and is located here so I would go ahead and install that first off, then start troubleshooting if still needed from there.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos