cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xerox WorkCentre 5135 + Network Scanning Issue

Background Information:

We had a Windows XP machine running as a "server" to host the folders for the Scanned Documents. We recently migrated to a new Windows 7 Pro computer to act as the "server", then the problem started occuring. 

Scanning to a network folder randomly disconnects due to a problem with authentication. However, everything works fine if we reboot the server. Then maybe a few hours later, the same thing happens again.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Steven.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Xerox WorkCentre 5135 + Network Scanning Issue

Possibly , if doing frequent scans, especially in the case of using multiple devices, or if the MFP is using the same login as the person logged into the Win 7 PC, you could just increase this number to the max.

Capture.GIF

Beyond that you would need to get into the Event Viewer on the PC side and check the AV/Firewall to see why the Server is failing the login.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey Joe,

The Xerox MFP is actually not set up on that Win7PC, so it's not being shared out to other computers. We used the web portal of the MFP to navigate the Scans to save to a folder located on that Win7PC. Therefore, I was unable to follow the solution that you provided.

I did follow your recommendation of digging through the Event Viewer. When I scan a document, I receive a failure prompt due to authentication. Each time I get that error, I also get an error in the Event Viewer. Event ID 2017 "The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the server reached the configured limit for nonpaged pool allocation."

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time, I really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Its a Windows problem.

Check here and here

My screenshots are of the SMB share, in my case the Xerox folder was the one I shared in order to create the windows needed to show you where to look on your Win 7 PC. Replace the Folder called Xerox in mine with whatever name you gave yours

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos