On a 3220, when I try to chanfe the default from JPG to PDF in scanning, even though it says: SAVED it always comes back to JPG. I cannot scan to PDF from the printer and I have to do it from Paperport.
Is the following procedure for setting the default scan options on your printer, the instructions that you used for changing the default to PDF instead of JPG?
CHANGING THE DEFAULT SCAN SETTINGS
To avoid having to customize the scan settings for each job, you can set up default scan settings for each scan type.
1. Press Scan/Email.
2. Press Menu until Scan Setup appears on the bottom line of the display and press OK.
3. Press OK when Change Default appears.
4. Press the left/right arrow until the scan type you want appears and press OK.
5. Press the left/right arrow until the scan setting option you want appears and press OK.
6. Press the left/right arrow until the desired status appears and press OK.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 to change other settings.
8. To change the default settings for other scan types, press Back and repeat from step 4.
9. Press Stop/Clear to return to ready mode.