Another suggestion I found was to disbale Obtain DNS Server Automatically and Generate Domain Search List Automatically from under the TCP/IP Protocol settings.
Let us know if you still need some help getting this working
If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!
Because you are getting the same error from two different devices, I believe it could be a smtp problem or a delay on replying to requests from the devices.
A HELO refuse is when the SMTP is not accepting any communication attempts to send an email.
Try to put yourself in the “device’s shoes” doing a telnet to your SMTP. Follow this steps:
- From a pc on the same network, open a Command DOS window and type:
- telnet smtp.server.ip 25
- if you don’t have telnet installed you need to do it from “Turn Windows features on or off” in “Programs and features”
- You should get a message like this: “220 smtp.server.ip ESMTP Sendmail….”
- Type: “HELO”
- You will get an “helo” back from the server
- Check if there is a delay on this reply. If the reply is not immediate you may have a problem on the SMTP.
- You need to try this a lot of times to try to simulate the intermittent problem that you are facing
Other thing you should be aware is that the errors codes from the device some times are not exact. This means that we could be misled by the error, but we need to start from somewhere.
I have read the tech note on this, and my host names do not contain spaces or dashes.
This had been working fine since installation, but recently, (last month or so) i have gotten increasing numbers of error 027-772, to various people within the organization. Nothing has changed from a smtp server perspective, even rebooted to try and correct.
It is sporadic, not constant, and not to the same recpient.
Completed with an error (027-772): SMTP server err (HELO refusal)