vxl65703

Re: smtp

Firmware= 073.110.019.14200
0 Kudos
KK-NJ
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Re: smtp

Can you confirm what firmware version is running on that machine?  It will be formatted as 07x.110.xxx.xxxxx  Google made some relatively recent updates to TLS encryption requirements and if the machine firmware is too old it won't connect, regardless if the info is correct.

Correct info is as follows:

server:  smtp.gmail.com

port 587

encryption: STARTTLS *avoid using (if available) option*

login: email address

password: for free @gmail.com accounts, you'll need to create an app password to bypass mandatory 2-factor authentication.  I believe there is a pinned post at the top of the Copying/Faxing/Scanning forum with details.

for google workspace accounts that don't have 2FA enabled, you'll need to make sure "less secure apps" is enabled under the account's security settings.

Other things to verify are:

*Device's email address (Properites>Services>Email>Setup>SMTP>Required Settings) matches the "From Field" (Properites>Services>Email>Setup>From Field)

*There is a value populated in the machine's IP setup for a domain name.  An actual domain isn't required if the environment doesn't have one.  You can simply put domain.local if there isn't.

0 Kudos
vxl65703

smtp

Product Name: WorkCentre 6655i
Operating System: Not Specified

Has anyone had any success with the Workcentre 6655I scanning documents to email.. I have tried with DNS configuration as well as setting SMTP manually neither works. when I use DNS, and do a test configuration I get the error message "Invalid Hostname", even though the hostname and domain host have been verified.. When I used SMTP I use Google SMTP host name= SMTP.Gmail.Com with port 587 I then configure the login info user name and PW, when I do a test Print it gives a login failure error message.

I have tried Static as well as DHCP without success.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos