cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pepito New Member

workcenter 5325 network scanning hiden

Hello,

I want my fax to be transferate in a smb folder.

In the manual , the procedure is In " click Properties > Services > Network Scanning > File Repository Setup."

But i can't see network scanning.

Is there any option to doi this?

Regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: workcenter 5325 network scanning hiden

Network scan is a purchasable upgrade, so if it isn't there, you didn't buy it.

If you want to buy it through Xerox, you would need to order this:

497K08300 = FULL NETWORK SCANNING KIT

If you had it, it would appear just as those directions state

1.GIF

So you go to CWIS > Scan and create a folder on the machine

2.GIF

Then to Fax receive options, select the line and point it at the number of the folder you created (In my case Folder 2)

3.GIF

And if you have network scan, you should be able to now modify the folder here to send to an SMB share by selecting the folder and Change Settings

3.GIF

Then File Transfer settings

4.GIF

5.GIF

And when you select the option and then Next you would get to enter the network location you have.

6.GIF

In all honesty though, the price of the scan kit is likely much more than a small fax machine that would already have this feature built in. But if you do get one, this is the best setup instructions for it you are likely to find.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: workcenter 5325 network scanning hiden

note, if you see the webpages that Joe posted about the setup, it means you have the option purchased, but if you dont see the icon on the machine homscreen, it means its invicible

Make Sure the Machine is Configured to Display the Necessary Feature Button
Press the [Machine Status] button on the Control Panel. The Machine Status screen will be displayed on the Touch Screen.
Select the [Tools] tab on the Touch Screen.
Select [System Settings], and then select [Common Service Settings].

NOTE: If the System Settings option is not displayed, it is required to login as a System Administrator to complete this solution. See the Related Content for additional information.

Select [Screen / Button Settings].
Select [Services Home].
Select [Change Settings], then select [Add].
Add the necessary feature button(s) to the Services screen. The following options are available:
Copy
Fax
Internet Fax
Network Scanning
Scan to PC
Store to USB
Store to Folder
Send From Folder
Store to WSD
Job Flow Sheets
Media Print - Text

0 Kudos