I've just seen that v5.3.0 is available and with the exciting news that the GUI is now written using HTML and finally no longer dependent on Microsoft Silverlight (well done dev team!).
I'm currently using FreeFlow Core v184.108.40.206 and wish to upgrade to v5.3.0, however I am very nervous due to two previous upgrades causing problems with existing, long-running, workflows.
The issues previously encountered were:
1 - where some impositions set up using Head-To-Toe no longer worked correctly.
2 - where PDF's put through the optimse preset to remove objects outside the crop box ended up having areas missing/blanked out. Looking at the 'Resolved Issues' in the 5.3.0 release notes, I'm still not aware that this has been fixed (though excuse me if I've missed that).
So my question really is, does anyone know of any current issues that could affect our current workflow(s) when upgrading from v220.127.116.11 to v5.3.0.
A head-to-toe signature imposition problem was fixed in 18.104.22.168. From Release Notes:
• Fixed issue with incorrect signature shift for booklets
• Fixed performance issue
• Fixed issue with cut marks with Imposition
• Fixed issue with incorrect Core Reports when using keywords with line breaks
• Fixed issue with top/bottom trimming
• Fixed issue with head to toe imposition when using signature booklets -- this was SPAR number CQGbl01291365
Also in the Release Notes -- a known issue is the need to choose the "High Performance" power plan from the Power Options within the Control Panel.
Thanks for your reply @DavidU54339-XRX and for highlighting the known issue about the "High Performance" power plan.
Good to know a fix for head-to-toe impositions was rolled out in v22.214.171.124. TBH I never checked back for this as I once this issue was discovered I went in and changed my affected impositions to no longer use head-to-toe rather than wait the many weeks/months for any SPAR to be accepted, resolved, tested and implemented.
I'll aim to update to FreeFlowCore v5.3.0 sometime this week.
Don't know if this is a known issue yet but I installed yesterday and now I get this message when I try to run it.
Server Error in '/FreeFlowCore' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Requested URL: /FreeFlowCore/App.aspx
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3429.0
Cor is running because my HOT Folders are working but I can't get the WEB Interface up.