Did you mean: 
5 Replies

Re: Conditional module Routing

Jump to solution

Thats a good idea! 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Also be aware that there is a FreeFlow Core Easy Start (available for free) that you can download that contains some scripting that can be used or changed to meet your needs. It requires the Advanced Automation license.

It is in the FreeFlow Core downloads section and is called Order Admin. A current link to it is just below: 

https://download.support.xerox.com/pub/drivers/FF_CORE/utils/win10/en_GB/FreeFlow_Core_Order_Admin_A... 

The idea behind this is that the workflow can use information from the jobs to automatically create directories and then place files into the directories etc.

JM9

Jump to solution

Quick Workaround for me without a conditional setting is to set the "backup" save to run first so that it runs this regardless of the last step being done properly or failing.

So I go like this.

Prepress > Conditional save > Working Save

This way I can still save any jobs to a backup folder and set it to clean out weekly.

0 Kudos
JM9

Jump to solution

Thanks I'll keep that in mind if we upgrade to that kit in the future.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I think you would have to use (have) the Advanced Automation license and then you could use a script file to do that work. Inside of Core if you set a save node and the file cannot be saved there it will generate an error. There is no way to select another option 'if this fails'.

However, with scripting it would not be too hard to have the script check first to see if it can save in (or reach) a location and then if that fails, a different location can be used.

This could potentially be a DOS .bat file, a PowerShell script or Python.

JM9

Conditional module Routing

Jump to solution

I finally fixed my save module issue I was having but now want to see if it's possible to have fail safe system.

For my save module to work users need to name the job the same name as the folder it's going back into. Sometimes out users are not using these names. Would it be possible to have a secondary save module only trigger if the first one fails?

So for example the job would go.

Preflight > Impose > Save1 >/> Save 2 (Only if Save 1 fails)?

0 Kudos