Thank you very much !
From the Release Notes:
If Microsoft Excel files fail to convert in FreeFlow Core, check the following settings:
1. Run the Windows service as a user with permissions for Excel. Windows services
generally run using the local account, which are not typically configured to open Excel.
2. Open FreeFlow Core Configure and change the service account to an account with
permission to open Excel.
Do not change service accounts directly. Always use FreeFlow Core Configure.
3. Excel expects certain folders in the system. Typically, a Desktop folder is necessary in the
systemprofile folder to open Excel files.
a. For 32-bit (x86), create this folder:
b. For 64-bit (x64), create this folder:
Set the 32-bit folder preferences (detailed above) in addition to the 64-bit preferences on
64-bit systems running 64-bit versions of Microsoft Office.
4. Change the DCOMConfig settings for Excel:
a. Select [Start > dcomcnfg.exe > Console Root > Component Services > My
Computer > DCOM Config].
You may be prompted for Administrator credentials.
b. Select “Microsoft Excel Application”. If Microsoft Excel Application does not appear
in the DCOM list, find the equivalent key [00020812-0000-0000-C000-
000000000046] in the DCOM list.
c. Right-click ‘Properties.’
d. Select the Identity tab. Select ‘Interactive User.’
e. Select the Security Tab. Customize “Launch and Activation Permissions”. Edit and
add permissions to the user who is running the Windows service.
f. Customize “Access Permissions”. Edit and add permissions to the user who is
running the windows service.
5. Restart the FreeFlow Core service.
I tried to submit the Excel file by Hotfolder, Submit job on browser, MAX and All Fail with Status Details: "Error opening input file."
I was submited all file types and have a good result:
- With •Encapsulated PostScript (.eps) I have problem about page sizes. They are not using Artboard size so the numbers are wrong ! // :) Can you Fix it ! //
- I only have Fail problem with •Microsoft Excel (.xsl, .xslx)
Thank you !
How are you submitting the Excel file? MAX? Hotfolder? Submit Job on browser? Other?
Can you submit other Microsoft formats (e.g., Word) successfully?
I read the Help file for the information that: