Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
5 Replies
tommy
FreeFlow User

Re: Convert pdf to postscript and back?

Jump to solution
Thank you so much for the detailled solution! This will help me a lot and makes the customer even more happy.
I will try this!
0 Kudos
PerF-Xerox
Xerox Analyst
Xerox Analyst

Jump to solution

You can Re-Destill with a Preflight component. I have attached a .kfpx file which you can add to a Prelight Component in FF Core. You need to add this as a Process Plan. See screen shot. Then you can use this Preflight Profile whereever you need in a workflow. If you set a Save component after this, you can save the new pdf. I have used the Press Quality setting from Indesign for the PDF Conversion. This will save the PDF in PDF version 1.4. You can of course set up a Process plan using other PDF settings.

To create or change the process plans you have to use the PDF Tool Box from Callas Software. Xerox are using their preflight module within FF Core. See the two screen shots at the bottom.

I have tested this on FF Core v. 7.0.4 but I think this Process plan will work in the version 7.0.3 as well.

I hope this will help you.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 16.50.00.png

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 17.03.26.pngScreenshot 2023-11-28 at 17.04.08.png

HenkG
FreeFlow User

Jump to solution

Hi Tommy,

No, FFCore is a PDF workflow , no internal options to convert to other filetypes....

tommy
FreeFlow User

Jump to solution
Thanks.
But FFC don't have any feature to do this instead of using an external tool?
0 Kudos
HenkG
FreeFlow User

Jump to solution

You can do this using pdftops.exe in an external process.

Then save the resulting postscript into a hotfolder of another workflow, so the postscript will be converted to a PDF again.

Regards,

Henk

tommy
FreeFlow User

Convert pdf to postscript and back?

Jump to solution

Hey guys

Is FFC able to convert a pdf into a postscript and back again to a pdf?

A customer is converting pdf files to PS and back again to pdf using a Distiller...

Would be amazing if FFC could help him out.

Thanks a lot

Labels (3)
0 Kudos