The Finish node should not be applying imposition to the job. The JDF that you are referring to (most likely) is the JDF that is sent to the finishing device. The JDF referenced appears to be a 1UP imposition (or in other words no imposition).
Thanks David for the potential workaround.
We will check, if it can be used to release paused jobs via an incoming JMF message.
Besides this, do you know, why the "Finish" step seems tp applie this unexpected extra imposition?
We have a customer here with an old FF Core 220.127.116.11 with Advanced Prepress, Advanced Automation and Output Management.
At some stage, we need to pause the processing of a given workflow, waiting for an incoming JMF from an external equipment. To do so, we think that we have two types of Steps available: either "Print" or "Finish". We would like to avoid "Print", so we tried with "Finish" - again, the purpose is only to pause the Workflow, not really to feed any finishing equipment.
All in all, everything (almost) works fine: our PDF files walk through the workflow, pause at the "Finish" Step; when the JMF message comes, the "Finish" Step creates a JDF document in a given folder, then the rest of workflow is applied.
It turns out that, not only the JDF document created by the "Finish" Step mentions some imposition
<JDF ID="FreeFlowCore1" JobPartID="FreeFlowCoreLayout" Status="Waiting" Type="Imposition" xsi:type="Imposition">
<Layout ID="FreeFlowCore3" Class="Parameter" Status="Available" PartIDKeys="SignatureName SheetName Side">
<ContentObject DescriptiveName="xxx.pdf" CTM="-1 0 0 -1 449.5795 716.8762" TrimCTM="-1 0 0 -1 449.5795 716.8762" TrimSize="310.4031 -479.6338" Ord="-1" ClipBox="139.1764 1196.51 449.5795 716.8762" SourceClipPath="139.1764 1196.51 m 139.1764 716.8762 l 449.5795 716.8762 l 449.5795 1196.51 l h"/>
(which is not really a problem for us, as we did not expect taking care at this JDF - again: this "Finish" Step is used only, to pause the processing),
But the PDF that walks through the Workflow (after the "Finish" Step) also seem to have been imposed, by an imposition schema that we do not know at all, which eventually generates a totally wrong final PDF document (at the very end of the Workflow).