I had FreeFlow Remote Print Server running on a Windows 7 PC. Now that is replaced with a Windows 10 machine and when I try to install "installer_ffrps_2011.13_20141223_8_setupFile.exe" I get a message saying ths won't install on Windows 10. Is there a version of FFRPS that can install on Windows 10 ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I don't know of any message it can give about Windows 10, but it certainly does have messages about UI modes, and in those messages it tells you how to fix them via the commandline,
and you can also fix them with Compatibility Mode
This one installs just fine with Win7 Compatibility mode
That almost worked ! Compatibility mode windows 7 allowed me to install. And I can start the progam but any printer I add says "remote access disabled" and I can' t open the printer. Any thoughts on that ? Thanks
Go to the FFPS and enable it via Setup > System Preferences > Remote Access > Enable All Connections
That also isn't a Windows issue, it just isn't an enabled by default option on any Freeflow.
I have no idea, as you can see, I am on Windows 10, running the version I linked previously (I installed it for your post) and even made sure to add some that are enabled and some that aren't just to show it displays them correctly. My work laptop is version 1709 (Old version, because Enterprise is slow to update), and my test laptop runs 1809 <insider preview 18312.1007>, and neither has issues of any kind.
Fixed it. Now on Windows 10 there is a private firewall, domain firewall, and public network firewall. I am connecting on a Compnay internal network and the Xerox Nuvera 120 EA running FreeFlow is on another subnet. Browsing through the registry I found in:
Two ACTION=BLOCK firewall rules for FreeFlow for "TCP Query" and "UDP Query" for the Java executable. So I went into Windows Defender menu and clicked "Allow an App Through the Firewall" and added the Freeflow .exe app then I went to "Advanced Settings" and under "Inbound Rules" I found two disable-connection rules (Red circle with slash through it) for “Java(TM) Platform SE Binary” . I switched them to "enable connections."
Now it works.