cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
FreeFlow User

How to setup special pages automatically

Jump to solution

My Customer got a PDF file including A4, A3, A2 and A1 size.
They want FFC to do the following things:
1. Pages in A4 Size should be printed with A4 size paper and duplex.
2. Pages in A3, A2 and A1 Size should be printed with A3 size paper, simplex and Z-folder.

Now I create a workflow that can handle these:
1. Scales the pages in A2 and A1 size to A3 size automatically.

My challenge is:
1. How to setup Special pages with A3 paper size, simplex and engineering-fold in Print Node of FFC automatically?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Account Deactivated

Re: How to setup special pages automatically

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, the option to assign media based on page size is not available at the moment.

Although this can be done in a fully automated matter, it requires a little scripting.

If you are comfortable doing this, you can get a description of the document by running a preflight and setting the report in XML format.

After preflight you can put an external node to parse the XML file to determine which pages should be assigned to which media.

This information can then be used to edit the job's print ticket before printing.

The Help contains the names of the variables for accessing both the preflight report and the job's print ticket.

If you are not comfortable implementing this, I would suggest contacting the solutions engagement team (SET).

Highlighted
FreeFlow User

Jump to solution

A little scripting

What kind of the script? WSH, Javascript or VBscript?

May i have some documets to understand the script?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Account Deactivated

Jump to solution

The scripting language is up to you.

FFCore will do a CLI call so anything that can be invoked via CLI will work.

The preflight report and the print ticket are XML which pretty much any programming language will support.