cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MAX submission - where to put what?

I'm pretty new to FFCore, and workflow automation in general, but I've been making good progress until this. I can't figure out step 1 of using the MAX submission method. I think I know how defining everything on the manifest works, and should be able to get everything flowing, but I don't know how to get things to SUBMIT!

Can someone give me an idea of how the setup should look? Where (and when?) to place the excel sheet and job files to get the process to start? You'd be a lifesaver.

-David

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
FreeFlow Production Workflow Moderator

Re: MAX submission - where to put what?

If you have a hotfolder named "save" drop the MAX csv file in this location C:\Xerox\FreeFlow\Core\00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000\Data\Hot Folders\save on the FFCore server.

The csv should be consumed. You can look in the MAX Status folder to determine if the submission is successful. If not, open the "error" file. It should help you understand what may have gone wrong.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Alright, in the error file it gives me "Failed,File access error - at least one file not found." as the few values for each line in the error CSV. Which is the heart of my problem, I don't know where those files need to be waiting for the MAX input to trigger them to process.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

The files need to be put in: C:\Xerox\FreeFlow\Core\00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000\Data\MAX Default Source File Location . One can add subfolders under this folder if desired. The folder needs to be defined in the Hotfolder GUI (see below) -- the default source file location GUI field. You can specify a new subfolder if desired. The files will need to reside in the subfolder.

dsfl.png

0 Kudos

OK! I just got my head around the 'MAX Default Source Location' folder, and creating one within the hotfolder setup. I don't think I'd have got there without you having me looking that deep in the folder structures. The workflow is now grabbing all of my files! Thank you!
0 Kudos