Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Margins for sra3 sheet

Jump to solution

Hi There

I hope this hasnt been asked before, i have looked

When we impose to fit as many items as we can on a sra3 sheet, sometimes the imposition is outside of the printable are, so we would have to reimpose and reduce the number of rows and columns to get all the prints on, is there a way for instance that i can say fit as many rows and columns to the printable area rather than the sheet size?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
FreeFlow User

Re: Margins for sra3 sheet

Jump to solution

Hi Rob,

You can specify the margins in the "Gutters" tab of the imposition node.

If you use the non-printable area values as margins, you should get the right result.

Normally a value of 3 - 5 mm will do the trick.

Regards,

Henk

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank You Henk

Thats really helpful

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi There

Ive added 3mm to the Margins on the gutters tab, but it doesnt seem to have made any difference, also it doesnt show up on the preview within freeflow. It does however show in the freeflow preview if i set the mnargins in the secondary stage, but it still doesnt work, do you think if i set the margins in the primary stage then the rest of the imposition then maybe it would work?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I think ive figured this out, the margin is the distance of the trimbox to the edge of the sra3 sheet, whereas i want the distance of the trim marks from the edge of the sheet, so if i want a distance of 3 mm all round i need to add the bleed (2mm) and the trim marks 3mm to that so 8mm all round should do it

Thanks

0 Kudos