cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bart Laenen New Member

Safari

Hello,

I want to use Freeflow Core on a Apple Mac. Safari always ask to install Silverlight. I use folowing software

Software versions:

Mac OS: Mojave 10.14.3

Safari: 12.0.3

How do I solve this?

Bart

0 Kudos
1 Reply
FreeFlow Production Workflow Moderator Michael325861-xrx
FreeFlow Production Workflow Moderator

Re: Safari

With the introduction of Safari 12, Apple removed support for running most legacy NPAPI plug-ins, including Microsoft Silverlight, which is required to run FreeFlow Core in the Safari Browser.

FreeFlow Core continues to be supported on Safari 9.0.2 or higher up to and including Safari 11.1.2 on Mac OS X 10.9 or higher, as well as Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.0 and higher.

As an alternative, Mac users may also use FireFox ESR release 52.9 without the maintenance service as follows:

1. Current Firefox users must change automatic update to: "Never check for updates."
  2. Uninstall or Remove the "Mozilla Maintenance Service" to prevent automatic updates.
  3. Install ESR release 52.9 and select “Custom Install.”
  4. When prompted, uncheck (do not select) the option to install maintenance service.
  5. Install ESR release 52.9 without the maintenance service.
  6. After install, but before rebooting, confirm that the update options is set to "Never check for updates.”
  7. Connect to the FreeFlow Core server and when prompted:

- Activate Silverlight.

- Select “Allow” and “Remember.”

During this period until FreeFlow Core support for Safari is reintroduced, ensure that you do not select the Firefox “Check for updates button,” and do not upgrade past ESR release 52.9.

0 Kudos