cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaz New Member

7760 problems with printing double sided - URGENT

Hi guys, hoping someone has an idea.

I have had this machine for about 5 years and know it pretty well.  I run Quark Xpress to it and have never had this problem before.

I am printing a booklet and need to print double sided, but nothing is working.  I have both the printer and file set to print double sided and long edge which is correct, but it keeps printing 1 sided and it is driving me crackers.

Anyone out there have any ideas?  Is this what happens when the Belt Cleaner Assembly starts to get low?  I have 1333 pages left on it.. but in all the time I have had this machine, I have never had this problem.

Can anyone HELP?

Shaz

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: 7760 problems with printing double sided - URGENT

what paper setup has the machine / driver? i though 176 gr is max for auto duplex

0 Kudos
qcc-apa New Member

Students here alerted me to the same problem last week. InDesign files, (tabloid size docs), that previously printed double-sided now keep printing as single pages...

Printed test page from Xerox utility this am. Printed double sided, but on legal size paper

Just figured out our issue here. Someone changed paper type from Plain Paper to Thick Card Stock for the Tabloid tray.

I changed back to the correct paper type (Plain) all functions as it should.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
shaz New Member

Thanks for the emails guys, but nope.. still not working.

We have the setting to heavy plain paper as it is 120gsm but duplex is working in Word and Acrobat but not in Quark Xpress (Mac OS here).

It is driving me nuts as it was working recently and now not!

I had the techie come to fix a streak in the yellow which turned out to be a lump in the powder, and he has no clue either.

Any ideas welcome.

thanks, Sharon

0 Kudos