cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

78xx latest firmware ??????

Operating System: Windows 7 x64

Why the heck does Xerox not give public access to the latest firmware versions ????

My 7830 has 073.010.058.25300, which was already downloaded via some obscure link (although from the Xerox site), and now there's a 073.010.009.xxxxx version available, but also nowhere 'officially' accessible...

One has always to Google after some specific direct link with particular keywords.

Why isn't there a central place with the (always) latest version available ??????????????????

(and why is this place not simply the device's support page ???????)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: 78xx latest firmware ??????

They are public and have been for quite a while. They are not listed under the drivers with the General Release firmware because their SPAR status.

Xerox Blog has a writeup about it

It is also posted and explained here on the forum, I even explained how to tell what version is newer for all 3 firmware formats.

And as stated in my post (actually a few at least), and it wasn't even removed in the Blog post, is that it isn't as easy or as convenient as it could be, I understand the reasoning behind it (Due to testing process as explained in the links)

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos