I use Internet Explorer and used to be able to access the web interface for our Xerox Workcentre 7435. All of a sudden I can't access it. I get an error that Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. I tried a different browser - Firefox, and could successfully access it. However, my default/preferred browser is Internet Explorer. Could there have been an IE update that changed some settings? If so,does anyone know what I should look for and change?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at the solution for Page Cannot be Displayed Message When Trying to Open CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS). If this does not fix the issue you are seeing please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.
Clear the cookies and history in IE and it should work again, Tools -> Delete browsing history, and delete everything :) (after that just restart IE)
Thank you, Cheryl. I've tried all of those options, but nothing worked. I can access the web interface with Firefox, so it leads me to believe its an Internet Explorer issue. I just can't figure out what.
have you tried connecting with a cross cable from a laptop directly to the machine?
this way you exclude a network issue... maybe some port or firewall filter on your network?
ps configure machine and laptop with static ip addresses
I assume its not a network issue, because I can access the web interface with Firefox browser. Its got to be Internet Explorer. I don't want to change my browser because there are a lot of web applications we use for work that are only compatible with IE.
Thanks again for your help and recommendations!
Have you enabled/disabled any Proxy settings in IE? Also what version of IE are you using? Does anything show up on the screen?
If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!
No, I haven't changed any proxy settings. I wouldn't even know how to do that. The web interface was working fine, then all of a sudden it wasn't. I don't use it every day, so I don't know exactly when it stopped working. All I can think of is that there was a Microsoft update that changed some kind of setting in IE. I just don't know what to look for.
I'm using IE 8. Computer is running Windows XP operating system, so I can't upgrade to newer IE versions.
Thank you again for your suggestions!
Oh, I forgot to answer your question, the only thing that shows up on the screen is the following error message: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".