cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgzargo

Can't connect the printer to Wi-Fi

Product Name: Phaser 3020
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

I can connect via USB but Wireless Setup fails. It shows a progress bar, does something for a couple of minutes, and then says that it's not possible to set up Wi-Fi.
So how do you get it to set up WiFi?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can't connect the printer to Wi-Fi

Hello dgzargo,

I searched the Support page and found some articles that discuss setting up the wifi on your device that may help you resolve your issue:

Configure Wi-Fi Direct Using CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS)

Set up the Wireless Network Using the Easy Wireless Setting Program

Thanks,
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

Same Problem.I can't print. Everyone else can though. I've added/removed multiple times. Confirmed the IP address. When I try to add though, the network printers don't show up anymore. So I go through the process to manually add them. It will say they're connected and online, but when I try to print, nothing happens and the queue shows an error. I've reset my wireless adapter multiple times, restarted the printers, unplugged and re-plugged the Ethernet cable. I would restart the router, but I'm not even sure if it will help and that's a last resort, because of all the others on the network.

0 Kudos

Having Same problem. Believe it or not, I'm one of the "IT guys." My actual job is just infrastructure, but while on this trip I'm considered help-desk too. Anyhoo... We have a basic network setup using an ISP's modem/wifi router. I got everyone connected fine. Then they wanted me to add two printers. I connected those to the router via Ethernet and used my laptop to get them working. Went perfect. Then I went around and helped everyone add the appropriate printer for their section. That went flawless and everyone can print. Now two days later, I can't print. Everyone else can though. I've added/removed multiple times. Confirmed the IP address. When I try to add though, the network printers don't show up anymore. So I go through the process to manually add them. It will say they're connected and online, but when I try to print, nothing happens and the queue shows an error. I've reset my wireless adapter multiple times, restarted the printers, unplugged and re-plugged the Ethernet cable. I would restart the router, but I'm not even sure if it will help and that's a last resort, because of all the others on the network.                                                                     My All Savers Connect

0 Kudos

@dgzargo wrote:

I can connect via USB but Wireless Setup fails. It shows a progress bar, does something for a couple of minutes, and then says that it's not possible to set up Wi-Fi.
So how do you get it to set up WiFi?

How to Fix the Problem
  1. Try connecting to the printer with a cable. This allows you to see whether the WiFi signal is the issue. ...
  2. Find a new spot for the printer. ...
  3. Check the printer queue. ...
  4. Reboot the printer. ...
  5. Make sure the firmware is up-to-date. ...
  6. Confirm that your mobile device is on the right network. ...
  7. Reset the printer.