Can someone please explain the terms and procedure used for color calibration on the C405? I can not find definitions or detail on what anything means anywhere. The documentation doesn't really say anything. Various tech support reps could not explain the procedure or what the steps and terms mean either.
What is screen type? It appears redundant to target job type. I don't see how the selections all mesh up.
How does this protocol work, as far as selecting the options?
Procedure in documentation:
Product support for: VersaLink C405
Article Id: x_vlc400_en-O2779 | Published: 03/16/2018
- At the printer control panel, press the Home button.
- Touch Device > Support > Color Calibration.
- To select a screen to use for your calibration, touch Screen Type, then select an option.
- To optimize color tones for copy jobs, touch Copy Job.
- To optimize color tones for Standard print-quality print jobs, touch Print Job 1.
- To optimize color tones for Enhanced print-quality print jobs, touch Print Job 2.
- To select a target job type for your calibration, touch Target, then select the type of output you want calibrated.
- To optimize color only for copy jobs, touch Copy Jobs Only.
- To optimize color only for print jobs, touch Print Jobs Only.
- To optimize color for both copy and print jobs, touch Copy & Print Jobs.
- If no adjustment is desired, touch None.
- To select the source paper tray, touch Paper Supply, then touch the desired tray.
- To begin the color calibration, touch Start. Follow the onscreen instructions.
- When finished, touch Close.
- To exit the menu, touch X.
- To return to the Home screen, press the Home button.