cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception Report

Product Name: WorkCentre 3215

Every 3 hours my 3215 prints an “Exception Report” that contains no useful information. The main heading is “Assert Log Information.” Next is a heading, “Task Name: tNet, Exception type: Data Access Abort.” Next is the column heading “Call Stack,” followed by 16 lines of hex code. There is no English-language explanation of what the exception is. Can you PLEASE tell me how to disable this report? It is unhelpful and is wasting my printer paper. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ShaneO New Member

Re: Exception Report

Getting similar errors need help and suport for this. Some help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Shane.

0 Kudos
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Hello Joe.

If you have not already resolved this issue, we suggest you search our online knowledgebase for this product: WorkCentre 3215.

Alternatively, you can visit our Contact Us page for other support options.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
E49418 New Member

Cheryl - I would think that as a Xerox representative you would have checked the 3215 forum and pointed us to the answer.

I did as you suggested but there is nothing in the 3215 support area for "Exception Report" or "Assert Log". 

Can you please follow up on this and share a definitive answer? I'm sure since there are now 3 of us having this same  issue that it's pretty widespread.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
E49418 New Member

Joe - did you recently upgrade the firmware? I did not have this problem until I upgraded to v.3.50.03.01.

0 Kudos
E49418 New Member

Cheryl - I went to the Contact Us page you referenced below. I submitted this question via the web site, and got a response saying I should call the support line. After a very long time with the support engineer, I was told to update my Windows drivers (I don't think this is related to a PC issue, but I did it anyway), but am still experiencing the issue. 

Per the person I spoke to on the phone, the next option is to pay for support. So it seems like this site and the email based support simply push people towards having to pay for help.

The frustrating thing is that no one seems to know where this Exception Report is coming from, or what the Assert Log is. 

If this can't be resolved without paying for support, I will most likely look at a printer from another vendor that actually stands behind and provides support for their products.

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

It sounds like a security scan of the printer (Something like Nessus), but the thing being printed doesn’t contain anything identical to what I have seen reported on various printer brands.

I see similar errors structure wise related to Airprint, but they tend to contain Task Name: IPP1  (IPP is the protocol for Airprint)

Those are fixed in firmware updates on the printers typically.

3215 V3.50.01.17

3260 V3.50.01.16

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
E49418 New Member

Joe - this issue did not start for me until I upgraded to 3.50.03.01. 

Are you suggesting back revving to V3.50.01.17?

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

If you are correct and the update to the General release 3.50.03.01. firmware is the cause of your problem, then downgrading to the previous spar release would solve the issue.

But if the issue isn't actually related to the upgrade of the printer, and an update was pushed to iOS that caused Airprint functionality to no longer work properly due to a change by Apple, the downgrade will do nothing. But you will have eliminated the possibility it is caused by firmware.

If you don't do Airprint, and don't do LAN security sweeps, then the downgrade will possibly fix it (just a guess really) assuming it is a glitch caused by a bad update on the printer.

But I can't guarantee anything, I have no idea where the job comes from and am just guessing here.

If it does happen every 3 hours, unhook it from the LAN, if nothing prints over night, something on the LAN is the cause, if it does print the same logs, the printer itself is the cause.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
E49418 New Member

Downgrading the firmware does not seem to be an option as the process says completed, but it does not change the version. 

I have disabled wifi and AirPrint and the problem persists. I will remove from the network completey and see what happens next.

0 Kudos