Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Firmware Upgrade Failed

Hi,

Follow the procedure below:

1. Download the firmware (.bin) file, refer to support page for the printer.

2. Create a folder named ‘DWLD’ on the USB memory device (FAT formatted).

3. Store the software download file (.bin) in the ‘DWLD’ folder

4. Switch off the machine,  Insert the USB memory device (rear of the printer).

5. Simultaneously press then hold down the Home and Power buttons until the device powers on and SPECIAL BOOT MENU appears,

6. Simultaneously touch the letters A in SPECIAL, B in BOOT and the Home button. Do not hold any of the three locations, just touch/press then release simultaneously

7. At the keypad screen enter code number: 6789#. The SPECIAL BOOT MENU 1/3 screen will display.

8.  Select Download Mode on SPECIAL BOOT MENU 1/3, then touch YES. The UI will display SW update progress. The machine will eventually reboot several times

Gabi

Highlighted

Hi - I ran into the same situation while upgrading firmware, i.e., it failed and now I have a very large paperweight that won't boot.  Could you send me the instructions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you for posting these recovery strips from USB drive.
I formatted my USB drive in FAT, created dwld directory with the bin flash file in it. I power cycled the printer and pressed the A and B in Special boot. Nothing happens, tried an insane amount of times. I only get the option to initialize hard drive or USB media.

Any tips on the VersaLink C400? It got a write error on a firmware update via the web interface initially and it now freezes on the Xerox splash screen.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

FAT and exFAT are not the same, if you are ojn current versions of Win10 and have a large capacity USB stick it will only give exFAT as an option, yo uwill need to format via an external app or possibly command prompt since Windows will only give exFAT for 32+GB sticks

Supposing your USB drive is assigned the letter “E”: type the following command in the Command Prompt:

For FAT: format E: /fs:FAT
For FAT32: format E: /fs:FAT32

Step 4 : When prompted, press Y (for Yes) or N (for No) to continue or stop the formatting.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

Thank you for your response, I'm a seasoned IT professional with 25 years of experience and this one a stumper for now anyway.
I had previously formatted it on a mac using a utility to format FAT32, I also had tried a smaller partition on the thumb drive at FAT16. This time, I booted up into Windows 10 and tried your suggestion as I know how minor differences in formatting can make all the difference. I reformatted the USB memory stick (16GB) with FAT32 using the command line option you suggested. Created a DWLD directory and dropped the BIN file in it.
Still the option to press the "A" in "Special" and the "B" in "Boot" at the same time and releasing does nothing. Perhaps this option is not available on the Versalink C400. Is there any other options to restore the firmware or should I try another USB flash drive? I have an older smaller one that could work.
Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Simultaneously touch the letters A in SPECIAL, B in BOOT and the Home button. Do not hold any of the three locations, just touch/press then release simultaneously

Highlighted

Bingo! That worked, Thank you.

0 Kudos