Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabiE-Xerox
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Re: Firmware Upgrade Failed

Hi,

DocuPrint CP405d is a FujiXerox printer so I would recommend you to contact Fujifilm for support because it could be different procedures than Xerox printers.

Gabi

brucec909

Hi, I have the same problem as others with Versalink C400. Tried to upgrade the firmware without installing the bridge first. Failed with the message "Write Error 041-500" and now the printer hangs at the wave screen on boot.

It's a brand new printer, haven't even printed a single page yet, and my boss is going to kill me if I don't get it working. Please can you help?

0 Kudos
GabiE-Xerox
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Hi,

Because it involved machine Diagnostic Mode, you need a Xerox tech to loading firmware using a Special Boot Mode.

Gabi 

brucec909

Hi Gabi, thanks for your reply – you mean our new printer is a brick before it's even printed a page?

How do I arrange a tech in the UK? Will I be charged?

This is my first experience of Xerox printers and I have to say so far it has not been good.

I honestly can't believe your machines have no built-in protections against trying to load the wrong firmware, and if there were any warnings about using the wrong file on the download page they were so insignificant as to be easily missed. It's all very disappointing and depressing. Obviously it was my mistake, but I'm extremely unimpressed by the way Xerox conspired in making it such an easy one to make.

0 Kudos
TammyL-Xerox
Administrator
Administrator

Hello brucec909, 

Here is the support information for the UK, if the printer is brand new they should also be able to tell the the warranty period. 

United Kingdom

Xerox

Support: 0370 900 5501
Monday- Friday, 8:00 – 17:30 GMT

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos
brucec909

Thanks Tammy

0 Kudos