Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
snooper Member

Installing WC3215 on Network

Jump to solution

Hi all.

Just bought the 315 and installed via via my laptop (temporarily using the USB cable), and its working nicely - both printing and scanning - via WIFI.

I'd now like to install the printer on my desktop, which is cable-connected to the router - and is also using Windows 10, as my laptop.

Windows initially finds the printer on 10.0.0.12  - tries to install, but fails. I downloaded the drivers and installed them all (using the do not connect to my printer option). This now shows that i have 2 printers:

3215 and 3215 XPS...  and evereything is doubled under the context-menu ( 2 'whats pritning', 2 x 'set as default' - see below).

Capfffture.PNG

and to end of - i still cannot scan or print. When i try print a test page via the "manage your device" in windows - it prompts me to save as a .prn file...

I would hate to have to carry my printer around to each and every computer in the house to install it via USB...

whats the solution?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-xrx
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Installing WC3215 on Network

Jump to solution

The screenshot shows printer stacking, and it happens because you pointed 2 drivers at one device.

And in addition, I'm guessing that you probably picked the driver from this list when you installed it, which is not a good idea.

You should always do it manually via the circled portion.

22.JPG

So, I highly suggest removing the printer completely, then using this installer right here, and then manually install (remember, no picking from the list above), then this

1.JPG

Then this

2.JPG

And this:

(1) Your printers IP

(2) Doesn't matter, but never use the same name twice or they will stack together like your screenshot

(3) if this is checked, MS will absolutely make it not work either immediately, or after a reboot, and also they will convert the port to WSD, which will break print too

3.JPG

The Print to file option will be resolved in this method, at some point in troubleshooting you have enabled Use Printer Offline in the queue, that file allows you to go to a printer and print the job with all its attributes from a USB key or through a web submission or and LPR command from a computer.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos
snooper Member

Jump to solution

Thanks.

Question about the step following the "hostname/ ip address".

Do i select the printer from the manufacturer/printer list - or do other and then look for an INF file (which one?)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

Jump to solution

Choose Have disk and browse to C:\Xerox\WorkCentre_3215\Printer\PS\ and use the xp3215.inf file

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos
snooper Member

Jump to solution

Will that give me scanning drivers too?

Also - proceeded with the above - it did not print a test page at the end (i clicked share the printer)

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

Jump to solution

One thing at a time

Scanning is an entirely different setup and has no ties to print, we are working on Print, once print is handled satisfactorily, you can move on to Scan.

The print stuff applies to every network printer, scan stuff on these small devices tend to be pretty specific to the device, and I have no similar product, so just follow the User guide (Page 83 is for Scan to network PC)

Joe.
0 Kudos
snooper Member

Jump to solution
Thank you, understood. As i mentioned, the installation did not work - no test page was produced
0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

Jump to solution

The only way for it to not have made it to the printer is if you got the IP for the (1) incorrect for your printer, if that was right, and the printer is indeed on the same network as your PC, the print job, even using a totally incorrect driver, would have made it to the printer, it may not have printed out, but it would have made it and faulted, get the IP address from the Configuration report, and put it in the addressbar of your web browser (which is where it right now shows forum.support.xerox.com/t5/General-Information/Installing-WC3215-on-Network/m-p/) and if it opens CWIS (the webpage in the printer) then you should be able to print, if it doesn't, either it isn't on a network, or it isn't on the same one as you, and until that is resolved, you cannot print or scan.

Joe.
0 Kudos
snooper Member

Jump to solution
The IP wads definitely 10.0.012 - now it seems to be om 10.0.0.13
Why would it change? and can i avoid having issues in the future if it changes yet again?
0 Kudos
snooper Member

Jump to solution

In facts whats odd - is that when i go to the new URl ( 10.0.0.13) - the interface loads

but when i click on PRINT - the smaller iframe times out ands says 10.0.0.13 is not responding.

would the printer being ins leep mode be the reason?

Captsssure.PNG

0 Kudos