cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teddie

Re: Phaser 6510 - Paper size issues (a4) and jams

Jump to solution
Having the exact same issue. Brand new printer. PC settings are all say A4, even the printer admin webpage says the default in tray 1 is A4.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Once again I tried with the serial number pass for password. It got through, Thank you Joe.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you Joe. I will give it a try after 48 hours and will keep you updated. 

0 Kudos
Joe Arseneau
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

Xerox technicians would be needed to change the password sadly.

After 48 hours when it lets you try again, try 1111 for the password

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau

Jump to solution

I have the same problem of paper size and jams. I tried to log in EWS as admin with the serail number, everytime it says incorrect password. I input very carefully with case-sensitive. Now I am locked out after a few fails. Can I reset the password? Thank you. 

lockout.JPG

0 Kudos
Joe Arseneau
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

I personally own 3 Brother MFP lazer printers, All 3 have the built in webpage to configure them, in fact it is the only way on all 3 to configure scan to email.

I have given you every solution to every issue you have, and have explained the why and how every single time. I even linked direct to the Xerox site that you state you used instead of the CD (Which is smart by the way as the CD can't possibly be up to date)

The 1111 password isn't the password anymore, as I already stated, and linked directly to the documentation from the same source you state you used, as well as supplied a direct screenshot and highlighted the relevant section in case you decided it was not worth clicking on.

Resetting the device to Factory defaults cannot in any way have been the cause of 124-315. Hitting or dropping it can if the impact causes the ESSPWB  or MCU PWB to come loose  

Why did you replace the 2 perfect in every way Epson and Brother printers?

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
carlosm

Jump to solution

Hi Joe,

This printer I bought at Coolbleu a legit store in Europe, I never installed the cd rom, always download the latest software from the vendor site. What others do?

This is so frustrating, at the first login I couldn't make changes, than I tried the 1111 password en had to reset. That gave the 124.315 errror. This is the worst printer ever, i also used Brother and Epson without any problem.

0 Kudos
Joe Arseneau
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

EWS is the webpage built into the printer, there are no Multifunction devices (Printer/Scanner etc) that don't have them from any brand I have run into in the last 20 years, Take the printers IP address (Found via selecting Device > About on the printer control panel) and put it in the address bar of your web browser.

The password isn't 1111, its the printers serial number. Because they have to comply with the California Senate Bill No. 327, which requires all products to ship with a unique password. This is documented in the User guide

Capture.PNG

after installing software for your region, everything must be installed for that region, not that difficult in my opinion.

Tell that to the people in Europe who buy online to circumvent the VAT, or Australians for the same sort of reasons. Or people simply buying from eBay or any other online marketplace where you can't guarantee "where" a document is actually coming from or intended to be sold.

As for the fault code you have, I can't understand how you managed to do that one honestly. You pretty much do need a tech, but if you are willing to do some reading and advanced troubleshooting, the guide is here, but I am not willing to do so with you considering this thread so far

Joe Arseneau
carlosm

Jump to solution

Ok now I know how to log in, but this doesn't accept the admin and 1111.

needed to reset........................ now error 124-315. This must be the worst in printer ever, a brand new machine test toner set is only at 89% full, only had fun for 10 pages and 490 pages  f**ck-up by this printer.

Now I need a technician?

A printer:

after installing software for your region, everything must be installed for that region, not that difficult in my opinion.

0 Kudos
carlosm

Jump to solution

Hi Joe,

that's exactly what I need then I can set everything up from start. How do I get it? what's the app called? where can I download it, I have already downloaded several apps, but none of them show these details. Neither does this Xerox Desktop Print Experience.

great help Joe, thx

Knipsel.PNG

this is what i have and this doesn't do the trick.

0 Kudos