Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laurentiu

Please help me understand 'Consumables'

Product Name: Xerox B215 Multifunction Printer
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Hi.

As being a relatively noob when it comes to printers, I try to get informed about best practices and how to's.

Talking about consumables, the only consumables I find for my Xerox B215 to buy are the Toner and the Drum Cartridge. However, when going to the 'Consumables" section inside my printer shows me the following components:

Toner cartridge

Drum cartridge

Fuser Life

Transfer Roller Life

ADF Roller Life

ADF Rubber Pad Life

Tray 1 Roller Life

Tray 1 Retard Roller Life

Tray 1 Forward Roller Life

While I can grasp the concepts of those terms more or less, I would like to know what happens when they reach the maximum life. Will they stop working altogether? Or is this just a recommended indicator and then every time extension while they are functional will be only on luck? Is every above component user replaceable (except Toner and Drum) or only service replaceable?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Please help me understand 'Consumables'

Hi Laurentiu, 

Thank you for using the Support Forum. You are correct about the toner and drum cartridge they are the only user replaceable components.  The others you list will display messages when they should be replaced. The fuser last for as many as 500,000 prints.  The rollers and pads will last unless the get damaged from some paper/media that is not recommended for the machine or some other wear issue.  

Please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!