cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Photographer New Member

Printhead Jammed

Printhead is stuck on my 8560MFP.  How do I unstick it?  I have the machine open but I don't know if I should be working from the side or the top.  Any place to find repair instructions for this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xerox Employee JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee

Re: Printhead Jammed

Hello Photographer,

Do you have any messages/errors showing on the machine's display panel?  If so, what is the message or fault code?

John

0 Kudos
Photographer New Member

Yes the message is 07,010.43:21627

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Employee

The fault code is for a System Error.  If turning the machine off and waiting for a minute before turning it back on does not resolve this issue, then you'll have to schedule a service call.  Unfortunately, there isn't anything more for you (as the customer) to try.  The number to call to schedule a service call is 1.800.835.6100.

John

0 Kudos
Photographer New Member

John,

Thanj you for your reply.  From what I have read on the internet it has sounded like there is a chance that I need to clean some ink out that may be jamming the printhead and something about a metal plate that sometimes gets ink on it and jams the head.

How do I get to the printhead to see if this is the problem?

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee

Photographer,

The only help that I can give you for the printheads is a link to the Knowledge Base for your Phaser 8560.  Type "Ink sticks jammed" in the search field on the KB page and click search.  Click on the first result listed, "Ink Sticks Jammed Message"  This will show two possible solutions for you to try.  If neither works, you will have to call Xerox and schedule a service call.  The link to the KB is below:

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/phaser-8560mfp/support/enus.html

Xerox Customer Technical Support can be reached at 1.800.835.6100 if you need to schedule a service call.

0 Kudos