cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
midiboy

Windows Update Error

Product Name: Phaser 3330
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Hi - all the computers on our workgroup are getting a Windows Update error. They try to download and install Xerox - Extension 7.208.0.0, which ultimately ends with "A current driver on your pc may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install." Any suggestions? Thanks.

6 Replies
SteveJep

Re: Windows Update Error

Did you get an anser to this - I have the same issue

0 Kudos
midiboy

Not yet.
0 Kudos
midiboy

I deleted everything Xerox on 1 computer to no avail. I then downloaded and ran the Windows show or hide updates troubleshooter package, called wushowhide.diagcab. It worked by disabling the attempted Xerox update, so no more Windows Update errors - for now. It's a little hard to find as Microsoft links to the file all lead to 404's. I got it from Major Geeks - I have it here if you'd like:

Windows Update Show or Hide Updates Troubleshooter Package 

It's very small and clean.

0 Kudos
icuhackn

midiboy,

Thank you for this information. It was killing me that I couldnt get it resolved. Thanks for sharing the troubleshooting package as well, it worked like a champ!

0 Kudos
SteveJep

Thanks Midi Boy worked a treat.

Looks like Microsoft have removed the utility from their website

0 Kudos
midiboy

Glad to help, guys. The issue may have already been resolved - one of our machines that I hadn't gotten to with the hide update fixed the issue on it's own. 

0 Kudos