cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
midiboy

Windows Update Error

Product Name: Phaser 3330
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Hi - all the computers on our workgroup are getting a Windows Update error. They try to download and install Xerox - Extension 7.208.0.0, which ultimately ends with "A current driver on your pc may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install." Any suggestions? Thanks.

16 Replies
SteveJep

Re: Windows Update Error

Did you get an anser to this - I have the same issue

0 Kudos
midiboy

Not yet.
0 Kudos
midiboy

I deleted everything Xerox on 1 computer to no avail. I then downloaded and ran the Windows show or hide updates troubleshooter package, called wushowhide.diagcab. It worked by disabling the attempted Xerox update, so no more Windows Update errors - for now. It's a little hard to find as Microsoft links to the file all lead to 404's. I got it from Major Geeks - I have it here if you'd like:

Windows Update Show or Hide Updates Troubleshooter Package 

It's very small and clean.

icuhackn

midiboy,

Thank you for this information. It was killing me that I couldnt get it resolved. Thanks for sharing the troubleshooting package as well, it worked like a champ!

0 Kudos
SteveJep

Thanks Midi Boy worked a treat.

Looks like Microsoft have removed the utility from their website

0 Kudos
midiboy

Glad to help, guys. The issue may have already been resolved - one of our machines that I hadn't gotten to with the hide update fixed the issue on it's own. 

0 Kudos
Porks

Odd thing is, the Windows update history shows that Xerox - Extension - 7.208.0.0 was successfully installed, yet every time the Windows Update runs, it states that it was unable to install it.

0 Kudos
DavidC

I have exactly this problem with a Phasar 6510.  Microsoft tell me it is my fault because I manually check for updates - duh!

This has only been happening since 17 Feb 2021

0 Kudos
Porks

Thanks for feedback David. Can't be our fault if Windows Update continues to report not being able to install the Xerox update, but then shows that it has been updated in the Windows Update History. Microsoft strikes again!

I guess we just have to ignore it.

0 Kudos