cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NiwotMike

Re: Windows Update Error

Having this same error in our domain with Xerox Altalink C8035. Showing up on our Win 10 clients. Microsoft utility works to get rid of it, but would love to find the root cause and get rid of it.

0 Kudos
gwodus

Thanks midiboy for uploading wushowhide.diagcab.

Unfortunately the tool is nowhere to be found on the MS website anymore:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-reinstall...

I usually would not run something a random person on the Internet uploaded. But I at least checked with VirustTotal first. The tool is the real deal and it worked great.Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
MVEBA

I have been on the phone or chat with MS mostof the day.  It is definitely a known issue with a windows security update from a few weeks ago.  I will attempt to recreate and began 5000

0 Kudos
walmanza

I have the same issue. That microsoft tool to hide the update doesn't work for me on any of the workstations. The same update keeps install over and over again and displays the same error message that it was unable to install. Xerox please solve this issue!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
elexa

No..!!! Hello... I've also same error..

Team: WpHostingGeeks

0 Kudos
Mainframer55

This issue is affecting two of my pc's as well.

0 Kudos
CJ-390

See @wombleman's suggested workaround using PowerShell here - might be worth a try?   

0 Kudos
elexa

I deleted everything Xerox on 1 computer to no avail. I then downloaded and ran the Windows show or hide updates troubleshooter package, called wushowhide.diagcab. It worked by disabling the attempted Xerox update, so no more Windows Update errors - for now. It's a little hard to find as Microsoft links to the file all lead to 404's. I got it from Major Geeks - I have it here if you'd like

Team: electrotechguide

0 Kudos