cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
17 Replies
morako

Re: Windows Update Error

To resolve the Windows Update error code 0x80070002, you can follow the step-by-step solution outlined below:

First, open a web browser and go to the following link for detailed instructions and additional information: https://appuals.com/windows-update-error-code-0x80070002/ Solution.

The link provides comprehensive steps to troubleshoot and fix the error. Start by checking if the Windows Update service is running correctly. To do this, press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box, type "services.msc," and hit Enter. Look for the "Windows Update" service, right-click on it, and select "Properties." Ensure that the "Startup type" is set to "Automatic," and click on the "Start" button if the service is not running. Click "Apply" and then "OK."

Next, you need to delete temporary files related to Windows Update. Open File Explorer, navigate to the following location: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download, and delete all the files and folders within this folder.

After deleting the temporary files, restart your computer to apply the changes.

Once the system restarts, try running Windows Update again to check if the error has been resolved.

If the error persists, the link provided also offers additional troubleshooting steps, including using the Windows Update Troubleshooter, resetting the Windows Update components, and performing a clean boot.

Following these steps should help you resolve the Windows Update error code 0x80070002. For more detailed instructions and information, refer to the provided link: Windows Update Error Code 0x80070002 Solution.

0 Kudos
morako

I have been on the phone or chat with MS mostof the day.  It is definitely a known issue with a windows security update from a few weeks ago.

0 Kudos
CJ-390

See @wombleman's suggested workaround using PowerShell here - might be worth a try?   

0 Kudos

This issue is affecting two of my pc's as well.

0 Kudos
walmanza

I have the same issue. That microsoft tool to hide the update doesn't work for me on any of the workstations. The same update keeps install over and over again and displays the same error message that it was unable to install. Xerox please solve this issue!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

I have been on the phone or chat with MS mostof the day.  It is definitely a known issue with a windows security update from a few weeks ago.  I will attempt to recreate and began 5000

0 Kudos
gwodus

Thanks midiboy for uploading wushowhide.diagcab.

Unfortunately the tool is nowhere to be found on the MS website anymore:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-reinstall...

I usually would not run something a random person on the Internet uploaded. But I at least checked with VirustTotal first. The tool is the real deal and it worked great.Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
NiwotMike

Having this same error in our domain with Xerox Altalink C8035. Showing up on our Win 10 clients. Microsoft utility works to get rid of it, but would love to find the root cause and get rid of it.

0 Kudos
Porks

Thanks for feedback David. Can't be our fault if Windows Update continues to report not being able to install the Xerox update, but then shows that it has been updated in the Windows Update History. Microsoft strikes again!

I guess we just have to ignore it.

0 Kudos
DavidC

I have exactly this problem with a Phasar 6510.  Microsoft tell me it is my fault because I manually check for updates - duh!

This has only been happening since 17 Feb 2021

0 Kudos