We have had nothing but trouble with the software and hardware connecting to our Windows 7 x64 clients. With Accxes 15, it will just crash upon opening (you can see the splash pop up for a split second) and on machines we somehow managed to get it working cannot retrieve documents from the scanning portion. Attempting to retrieve gets a generi "Cannot connect to scanner" error.
Very frustrating trying to get this all working! XP is of course fine, but we are moving to Windows 7 x64.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I was just as frustrated as you being the IT guy for my company, Xerox and the Lease company Technician were useless. All the systems that needed this program to work Windows7 32bit and 64bit (Total of 5 Workstations) were working fine but my machine was getting the same error you are getting (64bit machine).
I figured very quickly that this has something top do with the Java process of the application, I'll spare you the details of the amount of testing I've performed to get to the solution.
Here's what you need to do to fix this error.
1. Make sure Java is installed (No Matter what version) if not go to www.java.com and install
2. Open C:\Program Files (x86)\AccXES (or where you installed AccXes-Tools)
3. Open the file AccXES-Tools.lax with Notepad (Make a backup of this file just in case before editing)
4. Look for LAX.NL.CURRENT.VM and change the line lax.nl.current.vm=jre\\bin\\java.exe to show the following: lax.nl.current.vm=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe
***Make sure Java.exe is indeed installed in the program files directory and this is the correct path on your computer.
5. Close the AccXES-Tools.lax and select YES to save changes
6. Run AccXes-Tools and behold, the program opens without an issue.
Hope this works for you, i am greatly disappointed from Xerox for not even bothering to give you an answer on the forum. For a company making Products, software development is still in the Dark ages. I'm just glad i was able to work this out and maybe others having this issue can resolve this problem now.
Problemchild, You are the man! It worked for me. Thank you very much for the help. (I registered on this otherwise worthless site just to say that.)
If Xerox was indifferent in 2012 it has only gotten worse in 2015. Tech support is non existent for my discontinued 6204 plotter and scanner.
I Didn't even realize it's been 3-years since i responded..... The 6204 has been long gone as we have moved over to OCE plotters. Glad i could help.