cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xerox SmartStart 1.7.71.0 won't open

Product Name: WorkCentre 6515
Operating System: Windows 11

Hi,

When i today was going to install a WC6515 I downloaded Xerox SmartStart 1.6.xx.x, when trying to install I got a message saying there was a new version online, downloaded the 1.7.71.0 version.

Issue is when i try to open the software, the wheel spins for 2 sec and nothing else happens. Have tried on 3 different computers, same issue.

Have tried all Win updates, Lenovo Vantage updates, sfc scan. Still nothing.

Thanks for any help with this.

Edit: This happens when the user is logged in with azure ad account. Created a local test user, install start.

Rushed to production without testing! please fix it Xerox!

Tags (1)
23 Replies
Gellerd

Re: Xerox SmartStart 1.7.71.0 won't open

Same problem. 

I have tried on another PC, but there is worked.

I don t know if our computers are bad.

0 Kudos

Good afternoon ,

I'm in the same situation, installer in this version for versalink c7020 is not working.

It doesn't run on any machine.

Awaiting response from XEROX about the situation as we have not been able to install the printer driver since this version was released.

Arnold

Same is happening here. Can't get the 1.7.71.0 to work to install the drivers for Xerox Altalink c8055.

I'm currently in the process of setting up new computers for a department. My work around is to download the individual drivers and manually install them but I would like to make sure we have updated drivers.

We need this fixed.

Tags (1)
noli

Same problem here.  We have Xerox C8170 in four locations and I'm trying to install the lates driver issued on December 21 but it won't open.  I tried on three different computer on different locations and same issue.  Please help.

Tags (1)
Merekaba

BjornPedersen, 

You nailed it right on the head. This issue impacts anyone using intune/o365 as their primary. I can verify that creating a local admin account will allow the software to install. Xerox please fix this, it seems silly that we have to create a local user account to install a piece of software. 

Danke

0 Kudos
daesinc

I'm trying to install it for a VersaLink C405 on a Windows 10 computer using a local admin user account. Open file, click "Yes" on User Account Control window, then it disappears. Hopefully, will be fixed soon.

Merekaba

Daesinc, 

Either create a new local account and add them to the administrators using computer management or Powershell. Make sure to launch the user as .\username to run it as local. 

Script

function Create-NewLocalAdmin {
[CmdletBinding()]
param (
[string] $NewLocalAdmin,
[securestring] $Password
)
begin {
}
process {
New-LocalUser "$NewLocalAdmin" -Password $Password -FullName "$NewLocalAdmin" -Description "Temporary local admin"
Write-Verbose "$NewLocalAdmin local user crated"
Add-LocalGroupMember -Group "Administrators" -Member "$NewLocalAdmin"
Write-Verbose "$NewLocalAdmin added to the local administrator group"
}
end {
}
}
$NewLocalAdmin = "Changeme"
$Password = "Changeme" | ConvertTo-SecureString -AsPlainText -Force
Create-NewLocalAdmin -NewLocalAdmin $NewLocalAdmin -Password $Password -Verbose
Set-LocalUser -Name "Changeme" -PasswordNeverExpires

0 Kudos
daesinc

I wasn't very clear in my posting. I'm already using a local administrator account when executing Xerox SmartStart 1.7.71.0 and it just disappears after starting up. Do you think trying a new different local administrator account would help? Thanks.

kt4

You were clear to me.  I'm having the exact same issue.  I've installed it without issues on several computers but there's 2 computers that it won't install on.  Like you, I run the SmartStart installer, get the popup asking to allow the app to make changes on the device, click "yes", the popup goes away and nothing happens.  I tried the suggestion of making another user account and it behaves the same way.

I tried running the older 1.6.28.0 installer and it makes me get the new one.  I did notice that the older installer file size is nearly 28mb while the new installer is under 7mb.

I really need to get this new printer installed on everybody's computer right away.

0 Kudos