cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
14 Replies
Shannonb

Re: phaser 6510 shows empty toner with new toner installed

THIS IS THE CORRECT ANSWER. I was confusing a cartridge and a toner. The toner is in the front of the machine, not the side!! Thank you so much for this comment.
0 Kudos

I cant get htis this to work either- have to print handouts for a ocurse on Friday and my new toner just wont be recognised. it is a genuine xerox one

0 Kudos
shane5231

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your concern.

If your toner cartridges aren't installed correctly, it can prevent your printer from functioning properly. This could be caused by a number of things, including use of the wrong cartridge model. The most likely fix for this problem is to take the cartridge out. If it's empty, replace it with a new cartridge.

0 Kudos
Muck

I did a repost with an image of the toner vs the waste drum.  I'm not sure if the image came through yet, but hopefully it will help people in the future.  I like this printer, but Xerox hasn't done themselves any favors by not including a diagram of parts on this or any other printer I own of theirs.  I was very frustrated like you and I was about to throw away two of this same printer because of this. LOL :)

0 Kudos

Apparently we replaced the drum cartridge.  I don't even now what that does.....  Will order the correct thing and replace.  Thanks for the headsup!  I was truly ready to push it out the door.

0 Kudos
Muck

Here's an image of my 6510 that might help show where the toner and waste catridges are.  Xerox 6510 Toner & Waste Catridge.jpg

0 Kudos
Muck

No, if it states toner just the toner on the top front.  The waste containers on the right side of the printer hold a lot of waste.  I haven't received a message to replace those yet and my printer is working fine since I figured out my blunder.  

0 Kudos

Just reading the post from MUCK.  Wow, who knew!  So yes, we've done the same thing.  Are you supposed to replace both?  I miss paper user manuals!!!

0 Kudos

We have that message now and the printer won't print.  Frankly I'm ready to heave it out the door.

0 Kudos
Muck

I learned the embarrasing way that there is toner and wast cartridges.  I purchased what I thought was toner cartridges and it was just the waste cartridges.  Once I figured out that, purchased and put the cartridges in, the error went away.  Toner is on the top front of the printer and the wast is on the right side.  Hope that helped.