cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aestone New Member

windows server 2008 r2 compatible with 6027 or 6505

Hello:

I want to know whether or not the 6027 and 6505 printers are compatible with Windows Server 2008 R2? Thanks, Allen

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: windows server 2008 r2 compatible with 6027 or 6505

v4 drivers are not fully working, but the v3 drivers work just fine through to Windows 10 as long as you don't require WHQL certification.

Xerox Windows Compatibility

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos
aestone New Member

Hi Joe:

What are version 3 drivers versus version 4 drivers? I am going to be purchasing this printer today and it will come with a CD I imagin, are the drivers on the CD version 3 or 4?

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

New standard for modern UI in Windows 8-10.

v4 drivers come from Microsoft, not the print manufacturer, with them you need to install something else to get full manufacturer specific features and to set defaults, for Xerox, that would be the Print Experience App.

Someday, v4 will be the standard, but I don't believe we are even close to that day now. I stick to V3 drivers (This is what all the print drivers have always been up to now). They install and work perfectly still, and it is what everyone knows.

Yes, drivers are available on CD's, but I would never use them off a disk unless I was stuck in the woods and had no Internet, drivers for everything should be downloaded from the manufacturers website always, there is no chance you will get a newer driver on a CD than on the webpage.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos
aestone New Member

Hi again Joe:

So I guess I have to use the windows server 2008 drivers that are on the website to install this operating system, correct? Moreover, thank you so much for all your assistance, It is truly appreciated, Allen

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

You don't have to, but it is highly suggested

Joe.