cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redracer449 New Member

3655X and 6655 not coming out of sleep mode

We have 5 6655 and 4 3655X along with various other xerox models but those 2 types experience this problem. They will sometimes go to sleep mode and then never come out of sleep mode. Print jobs will be backing up on the printer server and it will not see them. Furthermore going up to the printer and clicking any button including the sleep button (lit green) will not get the printer out of sleep mode. We have set the time to go into low power to 30 mins and then 30 more mins to sleep as this is the max it will let us set them to.

We have already tried to update them to the latest software 3655 sw07306024732400 and 6655 sw07311024732400 that were given to us by level 2 support. Both patches in release notes read "Reliability improvements to power saver mode." so clearly this must be a problem not only affecting us but the update did not solve these problems. This is getting verry frustrating to our users and they normally have to turn the printer off and on and wait 10 mins for it to boot up before they can print. This cannot be good for the printer either.

Also I was wondering what are the 788101v6.dlm files in with the updates? That doesn't seem to be the update so not sure what it is.

Another thing I was wondering is what is up with the powersaver options? Job activated makes sense but sleep and wake up at scheduled times makes no sense to me. If you pick to keep it awake at specific times it doesn't actually let you pick the times. Does it mean all day? What are the times? I can't be the only one confused by this.

ggfhg.JPG

0 Kudos
5 Replies
fiery Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Re: 3655X and 6655 not coming out of sleep mode

Have a tech come in and do an altboot load with a new hard drive or have them turn off sleep mode with an nvm in diagnostics.

0 Kudos
Redracer449 New Member

Okay so I managed to solve it so far.

To get into service mode hold down 0 for 5 seconds then while holding down 0 hold down start for 5 more second and let go. Thing then asks for password give it 6789. Go to the NVM editor and go to number 616 2. Change powersaver to 0 to dissable it. 

So far this has solved my problem on both 6655 and 3655x. Will update if problem persists. 

0 Kudos
Redracer449 New Member

can anyone answer my other questions?

Also I was wondering what are the 788101v6.dlm files in with the updates? That doesn't seem to be the update so not sure what it is.

Another thing I was wondering is what is up with the powersaver options? Job activated makes sense but sleep and wake up at scheduled times makes no sense to me. If you pick to keep it awake at specific times it doesn't actually let you pick the times. Does it mean all day? What are the times? I can't be the only one confused by this.

0 Kudos
Mohammad_armouti Contributor
Contributor

regarding to the first question

the file  788101v6.dlm  i believe it is a pre-upgrade patch !

when you want to move from 072 version to 073 versioin .

regarding the second question

In General 

The machine has a power-efficient feature called Power Saver to minimize power
consumption during inactivity. When the machine is inactive for a specified period of
time, it activates the Power Saver feature.
The Power Saver feature has two stages: Low Power Mode and Sleep Mode.
The machine enters the Low Power Mode first if it remains inactive for a preset period
of time. Then it enters the Sleep Mode to further reduce power consumption.
Low Power Mode
When the machine enters the Low Power Mode, the machine reduces the power to the
Fuser Unit.
It may not be noticeable that the machine switches to the Low Power Mode, because
no change is visible on the surface. When the machine is in the Low Power Mode, no
particular action is required in order to use the machine. The machine simply exits this
mode when you press any buttons on the Control Panel or when you send a print job
or a scan job..
Sleep Mode
When the machine enters the Sleep Mode, the machine further reduces its power
consumption.
While the machine is in this mode, the Display goes out, and the <Power Saver> button
is lit. To exit the Sleep Mode to use the machine, press the <Power Saver> button

in your machine case 

You can set the time the printer spends idle in ready mode before the printer transitions to a lower power level.

you have 3 options:

Intelligent Ready causes the printer to wake and sleep based on previous usage patterns.

Job Activated sets the printer to wake when it receives a job.

If you selected Job Activated,

to change the default low-power and sleep timeout periods, touch Energy Saver Timers.

Scheduled causes the printer to wake and sleep according to a schedule you specify.

If you selected Scheduled, you have 2 options :

− Energy Saver Timers: This option changes the default low-power and sleep timeout periods.

− Scheduled Settings: This option selects the times that you want the printer to wake or sleep for each day of the week.

Regards,

Highlighted
Redracer449 New Member

The problem is as you can see in my screenshot you can select sleep based on time or activity but it never actually lets you pick a time. What times does it mean? Does it mean on the whole day?

0 Kudos