cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NubePrint New Member

Re: 7800 Firmware Issue

Jump to solution
Thank you very much Gabi!!! You helped me a lot. All the best.
0 Kudos
RTIControls New Member

Jump to solution

Having the same issue here. Could someone help me out? I swapped the HDD with another (used) one and am having the same exact behavior. Thanks!

0 Kudos
learnard New Member

Jump to solution
My 7800 is stuck in a power cycle loop every 3 minutes. It only boots up to Energy Star screen then 3 minutes later it flashes, powers down and restarts. I downloaded the firmware from the link you provided to another user in this thread and created the ALTBOOT and FORCED_UPGRADE on a USB and followed the instructions. However, I am getting the same result of the 3 min power cycle loop. Please advise.
0 Kudos
Valman New Member

Jump to solution

You need, versions:

A)

New boot SD card (from xerox)

Your own SD card not more than 8GB (better 4Gb 10 class), Linux command line, image of original boot SD card.

B)

New or used HDD 500GB (better SSD min 128GB, bigger-better)
Just replace old with new and make ALTBOOT

0 Kudos
jimmymac New Member

Jump to solution

Im having same issue updating from a really old firmware it does work via the web or forced USB stick method. Can anyone advise what is the exact procedure.  USB method seems to cycle a few green start up screens then screen goes black and the LED flash green...I left this for couple of hours thinking it would be part of the procedure but no joy. Had to reboot and firmware was still the same.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
learnard New Member

Jump to solution
It is the USB drive itself. I went through everything to figure that out. You have to purchase one already configured. Let me look up where I bought it from.
0 Kudos
learnard New Member

Jump to solution
Buy a preconfig SD card with Altboot from iteminc.com

This should work. Good luck
0 Kudos