cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: 7800 Firmware Issue

Jump to solution

Hi Gabiene,

yes i tried the Full Overwrite Option without success. Then i did a complete altboot with USB-Device and the latest firmware you send me. The Altboot works, but the hard drive is still the same an would not be reformatted. I plugged in an other fresh formatted hard drive and did the altboot - but after that the configuration report says hard drive is not installed. In which format i have to format(NTFS/FAT32/...) the HDD on my computer?

Stefan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

Hi Stefan,

NTFS

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Gabiene, this does not work. I formatted a HDD with NTFS and then do an altboot-procedure. Upgrade procedure was sucessfull, but the configuration report states "Hard Disk: Not Installed". Are you shure with NTFS?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

Yes, I am sure. But I don't know what is with the message " Hard disk not installed".

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: 7800 Firmware Issue DISAPPOINTING SUPPORT

Jump to solution
maskot
Chat with Xerox

Xerox's Support Agent

Hello, Guest! Thanks for contacting Xerox Support. How can I help you?

04:31
Me

My printer does not work

Xerox's Support Agent

Please enter/confirm the product name of the device you're using:

Xerox's Support Agent

Let's try to solve a problem with your printer not booting. Is there any indication that the machine is turned on, like lights, LEDs, noise (from cooling fans or similar)?

Me

Yes

Xerox's Support Agent

Power the printer off, wait 1 minute, and power it on again.
Some printers have two power buttons, make sure both are turned off and on again.
Did this fix the issue?

Me

No

Xerox's Support Agent

I think I need to transfer you to a person to continue this troubleshooting...

Xerox's Support Agent

Transferring to a person.
So that I can transfer you to the best agent to be able to help you, and also so that we can contact you if we get disconnected, please check that we have the right information:

First and Last Name *Phone Number*E-mail *Product Serial Number *Model Number*
Problem Description*

How to find the serial number??

The serial number is usually displayed on a label found on the back of the machine or inside one of the doors

sl-noOk, understood!

Xerox's Support Agent

Thank you... transferring you to a person: I will make sure to tell the agent everything we've talked about, so you won't have to repeat yourself -- the person will continue from where we finished. I have enjoyed working with you!

Xerox's Support Agent

Waiting for the next available agent…
Estimated wait time is 3 minutes, 13 seconds
. Thank you for your patience.

Agent Adam

Hello, my name is Adam. How can I help you?

Me

Hi Adam

Me

Recently my printer got stuck on the Energy Star screen. I did hour long researches and then decided to try a firmware update. That solved the problem and printer started working. About 2 weeks later same issue. i used the same firmware update and it started working again. Whats going on?

Agent Adam

it may not have anything to do with the firmware update so much as you restarting it. Because once the firmware update is applied it is on the machine. You do not need to keep reapplying it

Agent Adam

is your printer going through a surge bar or battery backup before going into the outlet?

Me

Yes, but I am using it like this since years. I changed it directly to the power wall outlet but same issue.

Me

But the I can't get pass the Energy Star screen. Its stuck and makes no noise nothing

Me

until I reapply the firmware.

Me

could it be that the printer is upgrading software online by itself?

Agent Adam

no it shouldn't be. But you can login to the centreware page and check the options. Although if it is a hardware issue then it would need service.

Me

I am in Centerware, where do I look?

Agent Adam

properties and then should be under security I believe.

Me

Machine Software Upgrades Enabled is not checked

Me

Machine Software Last Successful Upgrade None Version: 081.150.103.05600 Manual Upgrade Disabled (Upgrades)

Agent Adam

okay yeah that is spot. Sorry I just got logged into mine.

Me

So its not auto upgrading. Whats the problem then?

Agent Adam

possibly a bad mainboard. It may not be holding onto the firmware changes. Mainboard also controls the power in the machine.

Me

what do i need to do to figure this out?

04:51
send-btn

Loader

0 Kudos